medair zurich office | Switzerland
Switzerland Global Support Office
In collaboration with the Swiss German Office team, develop Medair’s presence in the German-speaking Switzerland by raising funds and increasing visibility.
Responsible for a portfolio of foundations that will contribute significantly to our annual fundraising targets. Acquire new foundations by networking, researching and building relationships.
Workplace & Conditions
Medair Zurich office, Switzerland.
Swiss or eligible EU citizens, or those with a valid work permit for Switzerland, can apply.
Starting Date & Initial Contract Details
As soon as possible. Full time, open-ended contract.
Key Activity Areas
Fundraising with Foundations
- Maintain personal contact with representatives of foundations and board members and build positive and sustainable relationships.
- Manage a portfolio of foundations, identify potential projects and submit proposals and reports in a timely manner.
- Coordinate internally with Programs, Finance and the field locations to establish appropriate project proposals and reports incl. translation from English into German.
- Acquire new foundations by researching and networking to extend portfolio with additional foundations.
- In collaboration with the Zurich team, create communication material such as writing project summaries, reports, letters, brochures and presentations.
Support and promote Medair fundraising events
- In collaboration with Zurich team, support and promote Medair fundraising events to attract new people and/or consolidate existing relationships.
- Increase brand awareness and seek proactively opportunities to position Medair within the targeted audiences.
- Lead the development of annual budget and revenue forecasting for foundations in German-speaking Switzerland.
- Monitor private funding trends and issues.
- Contribute to fundraising and organisational strategy development.
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- Educated to degree level (Desirable: Project Management).
- International Relations, Business Development and/or Sales, Communication, Account Management.
- Excellent German language skills, particularly written.
- Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written).
- Desirable: Fluent in Swiss German and good French working knowledge.
- Demonstrable professional success in the area of fundraising, sales or communication.
- Experience and understanding of project management.
- Overseas experience in a humanitarian/development setting.
- Advanced user of MS Office. Experience in CRM / sales management software.
- Excellent written communication skills incl. translation from English into German.
- Ability to bring complex information in a simple way to the point without losing essential content.
- Analytical skills and ability to identify potential of projects and audiences. Strategic thinking.
- Networking skills
- Desirable: Understanding of International and humanitarian context.
- Desirable: Experience in business development
- Goal, output and performance oriented.
- Perseverance and long term perspective. Persistence and people-oriented.
- Self-driven and intrinsic motivation. Collaborative team player.