Burundi Business Operations Specialist
The Business Operations department, or BizOps, is responsible for both client facing and non-client facing back office aspects of our program. This includes a Client Data Management team who ensure timely and accurate client repayment and order data, a Customer Engagement team who ensure excellent customer service through a call center, and a Field Audit team who aim to prevent and catch fraud by conducting investigations in the field. The BizOps Associate will lead a combination of these teams within the BizOps department in order to implement projects critical to the organization’s continued growth.
The BizOps Supervisor will work closely with our core field operations on a daily basis and will support the growth of our client base by building, developing, and motivating a large team of national staff team members with a focus on efficient process design, considered structure, and ambitious achievements. This role will require a high-level of responsibility and we need someone who can effectively meet goals and deliver results through coordination and communication, process design and implementation, team building and leadership development. The BizOps Supervisor will manage a growing team across a growing geographic area and support the rollout of products and services at both mature and testing stages.
Specifically, the Business Operations department is responsible for all key client data management and works closely with our core operations on a daily basis. The Business Operations Supervisor will oversee three regional office managers, and accurate data entry of credit repayment for over 93,000 clients.
Through those three managers we expect you to manage a team of around 35 individuals. You will be responsible for ensuring coordination and planning within your team, execute policies and procedures, and measure key performance indicators.
The Business Operations Supervisor will take also an important role in streamlining and improving processes such as: client refunds, fraud tracking and recovery, and performance indicators. In overseeing these functions, you will allow Business Operations to be efficiently managed. We are seeking an experienced manager who can develop our team and can improve our ability to execute on our mission to serve farmers.
Planning and Operations
- Oversee major processes to ensure accurate and timely execution of critical team tasks regarding client enrollment & repayment
- Specifically oversee timely completion and quality control of:
- Contract data entry
- Distribution schedule data entry
- Repayment and revenue data entry
- Correcting client overpayment
- Cross-departmental KPI dashboards
- Take an active role in proactively calendaring and communicating key activities for the Business Operations team, in liaison with the Systems team
- Develop a keen understanding of Tubura’s overall operations and how Business Operations’ activities can be executed and planned strategically, effectively, and efficiently
- Liaise with Global Business Operations and Technology departments to report problems and identify solutions
Team management and Training
- Develop your managers to the best of their potential and ensure they too are developing their staff
- Evaluate your team’s performance based on data and work to improve performance
- Prepare training manuals and lead training sessions on Roster (our internal data management software) functions for Business Operations and other departments
Key Performance Indicators & Data Analysis
- Improve collection and reporting of internal team key performance indicators
- Work with your team and other stakeholders to map and improve internal processes
- Through Roster and other tools, create and report on weekly & seasonal KPIs for the organisation and team
Manage communication and collaboration with other departments
- Build relationships with organizational stakeholders, such as Field Ops, M&E, Program and Product Innovations, to ensure timely and proper communication and execution
- Work hand-in-hand with our client protection team to ensure client data security and grow our customer engagement department
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
We are seeking a professional with 2 years of work experience and ideally a demonstrated passion for international development. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Strong work experiences. Examples include a demanding professional work experience, or successful entrepreneurial experience (e.g. leading a conference, or starting a business).
- Demonstrated leadership experience at work, or outside of work, enthusiasm for learning, and openness to feedback.
- University degree in Finance, Accounting, Project Management or related field (include GPA on your resume)
- Humility. We are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service to join our growing family of leaders.
- Familiarity with Excel and/or other data analysis software
- Language: French and Kirundi required. English preferred.
- Ability to set goals and reach them
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Ability to solve problems independently
- Ability to manage work and develop others
- Autonomous, honest and humble
- Structured and very attentive to details
- Passion to serve Burundian farmers
PREFERRED START DATE
As soon as possible. The application is continuous but candidates would preferably submit their applications as soon as possible.
Commensurate with experience
Health insurance, paid time off
SPONSOR INTERNATIONAL CANDIDATES
No; Must have existing rights to work in Burundi. Burundi Nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here.