Have you set yourself the goal of investing your personality, your skills and your time where it is worthwhile to place? A job that is exciting and has clear goals? Welcome to Welthungerhilfe!
We are one of the largest and most respected private organisations for development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. As a politically and denominationally independent organisation, our value-oriented actions always base on ethical principles. Our vision is clear: "Zero Hunger by 2030" - If you would like to become part of this joint project and support us in the fight against hunger worldwide, we look forward to receiving your application as:
Finance Officer (m/f)
in Ouanaminthe / Dajabon (border town between Haiti and the Dominican Republic)
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of two years. There are very good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Ouanaminthe, Haiti (main office), a sub-office in the Dominican Republic will be opened.
The project will be implemented together with 5 national partner organisations in Cuba, Haiti and Dominican Republic and one partner organisation based in Germany. The project is part of the International Climate Initiative (IKI) and is funded by the German Federal Ministry of Environment, Nature Conservation, Building and Nuclear Safety (BMU) and promotes the adoption of Ecosystem-based Adaptation on national level of the 3 partner countries. As Finance Officer you will implement financial management standards in the IKI project in order to increase efficiency and make a significant contribution towards the success of the programme work. You are in charge of the project's financial administrative processes at the site and ensure their auditability and efficiency. You will instruct and support the project partner organisations in financial management issues so that they can fulfil their contractual obligations towards Welthungerhilfe and co-financers.
- Ensuring that project funds are correctly managed according to the specifications of WHH and BMU (donor)
- Preparing all financial documentation in cooperation with the Head of Project and the Country Office
- Integrating the financial results of all implemented partners into the project’s main accounts
- Regular monitoring and budget supervision of of all partner organisations involved regarding financial management and general administration matters (including business trips to partner countries)
- Monitoring and implementation of project closures and of project's monthly and annual accounts
- Preparing annual account documents in cooperation with the Head of Project and the Head of Finance
- Preparation of funds/refunds to donors
- Consolidation of partner reports and assuring timely final reporting to the donor, via the country office of Welthungerhilfe in Port au Prince
- A university or polytechnic degree in a relevant field e.g. finance and accounting
- At least 5 years professional experience working in the global south
- Several years of professional experience in the administration of co-financed projects for international (aid) organizations
- Excellent coordination and organisational skills, including ability to work under pressure
- A high level of mental and physical resilience and readiness to travel to areas with volatile local conditions
- Co-operation skills and ability to work in a team and with partner organizations on eye level
- Professional proficiency in spoken and written Spanish, French and English, German will be an asset
We offer you co-operation in a highly dedicated team and a responsible scope of tasks. The performance oriented remuneration is based on an in-house salary scheme. Of course, a comprehensive training is also part of our offer. Disabled persons will be considered preferentially in the event of equal qualification.
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by September 18, 2019. Your contact person is Rosemarie Rampp.