Human Resources Associate - SC6, Thailand
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
Job title: Human Resources Associate - HR Technology and Analytics Branch (HRMOI)
Vacancy Number: 107250
Contract type: Service Contract
Duration: 6 months
Duty Station: Bangkok, Thailand
Salary will be set in accordance with established SC salary scale in place.
This vacancy announcement is for Thai Nationals only
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world's largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. We are seeking to fill the position of Human Resources Associate, based in the PASport (Payroll Application System Portal) Competence Centre in Bangkok.
The HR Technology and Analytics Branch, HRMOI, reports to the Deputy HR Division Director and is responsible for on-going support to critical HR operational processes through the appropriate provision and application of information, processes and enabling technologies. The Branch consists of three teams:
(1) HR Technology
(2) HR Systems Administration & Support
(3) HR Reporting & Forecasting.
This position is under the overall supervision of the Head of HR Systems Administration & Support, and the direct supervision of the Professional HR Officer in the PASport Competence Centre in Bangkok. Under guidance of Professional HR Officer in PASport Competence Centre, this position takes part in the business support of the PASport system.
- Provide assistance on HR queries and follow up actions, to ensure consistent and high-quality HR services are delivered to HR colleagues and PASport users in the field;
- Liaise with other internal units/offices on HR related matters, and provide necessary information in order to enable timely HR services;
- Review and compile a variety of data on locally recruited field employees to support analysis and reporting needs;
- Provide support to professional officer in compliance with relevant processes and procedures;
- Provide support and guidance to PASport Users and Timekeepers in the field;
- Support the professional officer in the analysis of PASport system errors;
- Support the professional officer drafting of business requirements for changes / enhancements related to the PASport system;
- Test solutions before these are implemented in the HR production systems;
- Liaise with field colleagues regarding training and documentation of HR processes and systems including the preparation of guidelines for the user community;
- Monitor data accuracy and take actions to ensure correctness of payroll data
- Other duties as required
Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area. Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Computer engineering or related fields is an advantage.
- Six or more years of progressively responsible support work experience in general administrative work, including at least three years in human resources or other related field.
- Work experience in HR systems administration and support would be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of specialized HR administrative work practices and methods gained through relevant technical training and experience.
- Good mathematical ability, with experience in complex calculations and analysis
- Good communication skills and good understanding of HR principles and their application in order to respond to and resolve a range of HR queries.
- Ability to conduct analyses in order to generate periodic reports and make recommendations for further actions.
- Ability to build relationships with a variety of individuals across functions and outside WFP in order to effectively contribute to the functioning of the unit.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and use initiative to perform administrative tasks within broad WFP guidelines and standards.
- Fluent in both written and oral English
- Intermediate knowledge (FAO level B) in French and/or Spanish is an asset
Deadline: Thursday 19 September 2019 (Midnight Bangkok Time)
Note: Short-listed candidates will be contacted by Friday 20.09.2019, and will be expected to take a written test on Monday 23.09.2019. Those who successfully pass the written test will be notified by Wednesday 25.09.2019 and are expected to be available for an interview on Thursday 26.09.2019
To be considered, interested candidates are invited to apply through the WFP careers website (http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings) only.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.