2. Manage and guide procurement processes for the acquisition of goods, services and the construction of works for the Business Unit, focusing on achievement of the following results, in compliance with the official procurement policies, rules, regulations and procedures:
3. Ensure introduction and implementation of sourcing strategy and e-procurement tools focusing on achievement of the following results:
4. Team Management
- First University preferably in Procurement and/or Supply Chain Management, Law, Commerce, Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, Economics or related field is required
- Master degree preferably in Procurement and/or Supply Chain Management, Law, Commerce, Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, Economics or related field will be considered and may substitute some of the required years of experience.
- For those who do not have a degree in Procurement of Supply Chain Management, Chartered Institute of Supply and Management (CIPS) or similar international Certification, is a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge of UN/ /UNOPS Procurement Rules and Regulations is a distinct advantage.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ professional experience at national or international level, in advising on, implementing policies and/or procedures to deliver a range of complex procurement programmes and services.
- Some experience in UN system organizations, preferably in a developing country, is desirable.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Office 2003/ Google Docs/Sheet and/or newer versions).
- Full working knowledge of French and English are required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language such as Spanish is an asset.
|Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion. |
|Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.|
|Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).|
|Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.|
|Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.|
|Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.|
|Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.|
Contract type, level and duration
Contract type: International Individual Contract Agreement (IICA) or Local Individual Contract Agreement (LICA) Regular/Monthly: This contract is a regular monthly contract, which requires ongoing services during the term of the contract and payments will be made at the end of each month.
Contract level: ICA 1 ou LICA 8
Contract duration: Open-Ended contract subject to good performance, availability of funds and organizational requirements
Both International and Local candidates are encouraged to apply.
If the selected candidate is not a citizen of the country, s/he will have an international contract with the international fee
If the selected candidate is a citizen of the country, s/he will have a local contract with the local fee.
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time or 6:00 PM Haiti time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
UNOPS seeks to reasonably accommodate candidates with special needs, upon request
Please note that Haiti is a non family duty station
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns.
Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
Background Information -Haiti
The UNOPS Haiti office supports international partners and the Haitian Government in their work to improve lives following the 2010 earthquake. UNOPS project managers and their local employees are helping to check the safety of damaged houses, build transitional shelters for homeless families, provide cleaner toilets for those living in camps, clear canals of debris to prevent floods, repair roads, and construct maternity centres and schools.
Background Information - UNOPS
UNOPS supports the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Working in some of the world’s most challenging environments, our vision is to advance sustainable implementation practices, always satisfying or surpassing our partners’ expectations.
With over 7,000 personnel spread across 80 countries, UNOPS offers its partners the logistical, technical and management knowledge they need, wherever they need it.
A flexible structure and global reach means that we can quickly respond to our partners' needs, while offering the benefits of economies of scale.