Within the delegated authority and under the direct supervision of Operations Analyst with overall guidance from the Operations Manager or her designated mandated representative(s), the UN Volunteer Administrative Assistant will:
Provide general administrative and logistical support to the Office in accordance with UN Women rules, regulations, policies, and strategies
- Responsible for all protocol/immigration and related issues, i.e. issuance of visas, Diplomatic Identification Card by the JOR Government in accordance with requirements of the United Nations;
- Collect information on shipments, customs clearance arrangements, prepare documents for UN Women shipments (received/sent);
- Arrange travel and hotel reservations, prepare travel authorizations, process requests for visas, identity cards and other documents, collect information for DSA, as required;
- Provide administrative support to conferences, workshops, retreats;
- Provide administrative support to property management;
- Maintain filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials.
- Review and share mobile monthly invoices with UNW staff for their verification and identification of personal/Work related calls and collect the funds.
Provide general procurement process support for the office
- Support the Procurement Associate with the consolidation of procurement plans;
- Support the Procurement Associate with the reviewing procurement requests and initiate procurement procedures for office and projects equipment, supplies and services, as necessary;
- Support drafting Request for Quotations (RFQ), Invitation to Bids (ITBs) or Request for Proposals (RFPs) documents, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, as necessary;
- Collect and process information and documentation on Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) calculation, travel agencies and other administrative services;
- Arrange travel and hotel arrangements for staff and visitors
- Draft submissions to the Procurement Review Committee (PRC), as necessary.
Provide administrative support to office and assets management
- Monitor and maintain office stationery supplies including maintenance of stock list of stationery, Distribution of stationery and keeping a log of distribution, as required;
- Maintain records on assets management and prepare required reports;
- Maintain files and records relevant to office premises and related maintenance;
- Perform Buyer role in Atlas and prepare Purchase Orders;
- Prepare Request for Quotations, ITBs or RFPs documents, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their preliminary evaluation.
Provide administrative support to the implementation of Human Resources services
- Provide administrative support in in HR services such as vacancy announcement, compilations of matrixes, organizing interview panels etc.
- Maintain staffing lists as required.
- Perform the duties of Leave Monitor. Daily monitor attendance and leave records of CO staff. Control the project personnel attendance records and leave plans;
- Input, track and maintain a proper filing system related to recruitment, contracts, and leave records of personnel including renewal of contracts, promotions, terminations, reclassification, and changes in pay grade. Keep personnel files orderly, securely and up-to-date.
Provide administrative support to the implementation of Finance Services
- Provide administrative support in Finance services such as collecting travel f10 claims and maintain the travel log.
- Review invoices and insure that all invoices submitted are originals and stamped.
- Support in filling vouchers and payments.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration; Finance or any related filed;Required experience: 24 Months Experience remark:
- At least 2 years of professional work experience at the national and/or international level in administration, finance, procurement, human resources or logistic support services at the national or international level or other relevant programmes; experience working in the UN or other international development organization is an asset;
- Excellent oral and written skills; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills;
- Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with other team members;
- Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel;
- Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet; familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment;
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines;
- Sound security awareness.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Arabic(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Technological Awareness, Working in Teams