Procurement Specialist (Roster Recruitment)
Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Full compliance of procurement activities with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies; elaboration of the effective internal control, proper design and functioning of a client-oriented procurement management system;
- GSSU procurement business processes mapping and elaboration/establishment of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in Procurement, control of the workflows in the Unit, harmonization of the workflows in the office;
- Elaboration and implementation of cost saving and reduction strategies;
- Conceptualization, elaboration and implementation of contract strategy in the GSSU including tendering processes and evaluation, contractor appraisal, evaluation and negotiation of offers, management of the contract and contractor, legal considerations and payment conditions, risk assessment;
- Conceptualization, elaboration and implementation of strategic procurement in the GSSU including sourcing strategy, supplier selection and evaluation, quality management, customer relationship management, e-procurement introduction and promotion, performance measurement.
- Timely and proper preparation of procurement plans for the office and projects, establishment of the deadlines and monitoring of their implementation;
- Establishment and implementation of proper monitoring system and control of procurement processes including organization of RFQ, ITB or RFP, receipt and evaluation of quotations, bids or proposals, negotiation of certain conditions of contracts in full compliance with UNDP rules and regulation;
- Certification of submissions to the Contract, Asset and Procurement Committee (CAP) and Advisory Committee on Procurement (ACP);
- Management of procurement contracts and, upon delegation of responsibility, performance of the functions of Manager Level 2 in Atlas for Purchase orders approval;
- Elaboration and implementation of the internal control system which ensures that Purchase Orders (PO) are duly prepared and dispatched. Timely corrective actions on POs with budget check errors and other problems;
- Management of the implementation of the procurement processes monitoring system and mechanisms to eliminate deficiencies in procurement;
- Supervision of preparation of cost-recovery bills in Atlas for procurement services provided by UNDP to other Agencies;
- Establishment and implementation of harmonized procurement services and elaboration of proposals on common services expansion in the UN House, introduction and management of joint procurement for the UN Agencies in line with the UN reform.
- Manage eCatalogue and establish the different types of Long-Term Agreements for various categories of goods and services based on the clients’ local, regional or global needs.
- Development and management of the rosters of suppliers, elaboration of supplier selection and evaluation, quality and performance measurement mechanisms;
- Management of the e-procurement system.
- Organization of training for the operations/ projects staff on Procurement;
- Organization of trainings for Govt. staff on Procurement as required;
- Synthesis of lessons learned and best practices in Procurement;
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Ability to make new and useful ideas work
- Ability to persuade others to follow
- Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
- Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
- Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement
- Identifies and communicates relevant information for a variety of audiences for advocating GSSU’s mandate
- Ability to engage with stakeholders and forge productive working relationships
- Ability to efficiently handle and share information and knowledge
Required Skills and Experience
- Advanced (Masters or equivalent) university degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Economics, Engineering or related field. Those with professional procurement qualification from recognized internationally institutes is advantage;
- Procurement Certification/Accreditation by a recognized professional body.
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience, which includes international experience in public procurement;
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and formulate corporate policies, procedures and business processes;
- Solid understanding of UNDP policies and procedures;
- Working experience at a UNDP Country Office is required;
- In-depth knowledge of the ERP, Peoplesoft preferred.
- Strong written and spoken English language skills;
- Fluency in a second UN language is highly desirable.
Under US immigration law, acceptance of a staff position with UNDP, an international organization, may have significant implications for US Permanent Residents. UNDP advises applicants for all professional level posts that they must relinquish their US Permanent Resident status and accept a G-4 visa, or have submitted a valid application for US citizenship prior to commencement of employment.
UNDP is not in a position to provide advice or assistance on applying for US citizenship and therefore applicants are advised to seek the advice of competent immigration lawyers regarding any applications.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.