Office Assistant - Logistics
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Syria and the direct supervision of the functional supervisor, in close cooperation with all other FAO staff/colleagues, the incumbent will perform following duties and responsibilities:
• Handling minor Purchase Orders (POs) related to logistics, following up the supply chain process, and liaising with the respective stakeholders.
• Tracking and following up the fuel consumption of the organization premises and vehicles.
• Handling the periodic fuel subscription procedures.
• Following up the regular needed maintenance works in the organization premises in addition to the vehicles.
• Holding Data-Entry tasks for every undertaken action of the above-mentioned processes; all the data spreadsheets and reports should be quite precise and constantly updated.
• Maintaining a standardized accurate record of all transactions and archiving the relevant documentations.
• Checking carefully and regularly the vehicles Log Sheets to control accordingly the utilization of the organization's soft-skin and armored vehicles.
• Preparing and editing facilitation letters; when requested.
• Reporting directly to the immediate supervisor for any Logistical concern or bottlenecks.
• Performing any other Logistical, Clerical, or office-related duty.
key performance indicators
Required Completion Date:
- Vehicle logbooks, and other Logistic data spreadsheets and reports are up to date
Within the Assignment period
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS - candidates will be assessed against the following –
Education: Secondary School Education
Experience: At least, three years of relevant working experience in the Logistics domain. Experience in Humanitarian Agencies / Organizations will be an asset.
Languages: Proficiency of local language (Arabic) and good working knowledge of English
IT Skills: Good knowledge of the MS Office applications, especially in preparing and editing Spreadsheets.
Interpersonal Communication Skills: The incumbent must demonstrate a high-level of commitment to the assigned tasks, accountability, trustworthiness, flexibility, and ability to cope with extended working hours.
Please send us your CV and Cover letter in English directly to :
Please indicate the position you are applying for in the email subject.
Only national Syrian CVs will be considered for shortlisting