Spotlight Project Assistant, Spotlight Initiative regional programme for Central Asia and Afghanistan
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide operational support to the project and programme management;
- Prepare requests for direct payment, cash advances, reports on expenses, budget revision and other required supporting documentation for all financial transactions; records these transactions accordingly;
- Provide logistical support and prepares background materials for use in workshops, seminars, training sessions, meetings, visiting missions, field trips, etc.;
- Establish and maintains accurate and up-to-date filling system for the documents, keeps information and reference material in a manner which allows easy retrieval;
- Contribute to the preparation of status and progress reports by collecting information, preparing tables and drafting selected sections;
- Draft and/or types correspondence, notes, documents, reports, prepares required contracts, keeps the necessary flow of correspondence;
- Receive telephone calls and visitors concerning the projects, responding directly where appropriate;
- Prepare unofficial translations and acts as an interpreter.
- Assist in organizing meetings, workshops, conferences and missions.
- Coordinate and assist in making travel arrangements for participants of events, projects staff in connection with their domestic and international project-related travels;
- Prepare Requests for Services and Payments in accordance with RUNO rules and procedures.
- Draft external correspondence with projects’ partners and stakeholders, maintain files and assist in the preparation of documentation in advance of and following meetings;
- Assist in acquisition of letters of co-financing and support from stakeholders.
- Assist in procurement and recruitment processes; assist the project team in preparation of ToRs for the consultants;
- In accordance with the Work Plan arrange for procurement of equipment, supplies and services;
- Create and manage e-requisitions in ATLAS;
- Arrange for equipment maintenance and insurance as required;
- Ensure that contractual processes follow the stipulated RUNO procedures;
- Physically clear and ensure delivery of equipment and supplies procured for the various programme sites;
- Maintain records over project equipment inventory.
- Assist in compilation of regular project status reports;
- Maintain general office files and keep information and reference material in a manner that allows easy reference retrieval.
- Perform all necessary secretarial services such as photocopying, collection and distribution of incoming mail, dispatching outgoing mail; locating files, etc.;
- Perform other duties as may be required.
- Demonstrates integrity and fairness by modelling UN values and ethical standards;
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of the UN;
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Equality Issues and /or SGBV issues.
- Solid knowledge of administrative and secretarial work; understanding of financial processes and accounting;
- Good communication skills, including the ability to convey complex concepts and recommendations, both orally and in writing, in a clear and persuasive style tailored to match different audiences;
- Ability to interact, establish and maintain effective working relations with a culturally diverse team, as a team member, to build trust, and to manage in a deliberate, transparent and predictable way;
- Ability to work towards continuing personal learning, act on learning plan and apply newly acquired skills;
- Excellent writing and presentation skills for preparation of presentations and reports – in English and Russian.
- Excellent coordination skills to facilitate internal and external collaboration;
- Builds strong relationships with stakeholders, focuses on result and responds positively to feedback;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure;
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities;
- Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required.
- Ability to synthesize the lessons learnt and choose the best practices;
- Shares knowledge and experience and contributes to the achievement of the project development objectives;
- Promotes knowledge management and a learning environment across projects and countries; trough active participation and contribution to RUNO social and knowledge networks;
- Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, human rights, gender/ women’s studies, international development, public administration or a related field is required.
- At least 3 years of relevant administrative or project support experience at the national or international level;
- Knowledge of UN Standard Operational Procedures and Atlas is an asset;
- Proven working experience related to communications and use of (social) media is an advantage;
- Ability to work in an environment requiring liaison and collaboration with multiple actors including government representatives, donors and other stakeholders;
- Excellent inter-personal, communication and organizational skills;
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and to handle multiple concurrent project components;
- Excellent computer skills (especially Microsoft office applications) and ability to use information technology as a tool and resource.
- Fluency in Russian and English with proven drafting and presentation skills;
- Knowledge of Kazakh is desired.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.