Marketing Cloud Specialist - Consultant
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance
WFP is committed to growing private sector fundraising with a focus on individual giving. It is recognized as a fundraising channel that has been successfully used by other UN agencies for whom it generates the bulk of their private sector income. In addition, individual giving can provide a high proportion of unrestricted income which is critical to supporting the long-term goals of country strategic plans (CSPs). Private Partnerships & Fundraising Division (PPF) is committed to foster individual giving as a significant strategy for growth during 2020-2025. The proposed focus of the development of individual giving is through a digital-first strategy and as part of this WFP is upgrading its systems and infrastructure to receive and process donations from individuals as well as the systems to store and manage supporter information. The aim being that WFP can engage with supporters in their preferred channels and maximize their long-term support for the cause of zero hunger through seamless constituent experience.
WFP has chosen Salesforce as the main technology to underpin the donation process and to manage individual supporters. During 2019, the transition of individual giving to Salesforce has been completed, and the new IT architecture has been defined and implemented including Salesforce Sales for data repository; Salesforce Marketing Cloud for marketing automation; iRaiser Payment Platform as SaaS donation platform, Stripe, and PayPal as payment systems.
Marketing Cloud Specialist will report to the Digital Fundraising Transformation Programme Manager. The Head of Individual Giving will be the second-level supervisor.
PPF- Individual Giving Team
Duties and responsibilities
- Demonstrate mastery of Salesforce Marketing Cloud core functions including E-mail Studio, Mobile Studio, Journey Builder, Automation Studio and others as required.
- Provide advice and support to individual giving team to leverage the use of the various Marketing Cloud modules to ensure best-in-class supporter experience.
- Troubleshoot related problems and find fixes for them while relaying information to team members, such as why the problem occurred and how the issue has been resolved.
- Act as administrator, e.g. update profiles, fields, and permissions for users and amend settings as required
- Provide guidance and consulting on advanced email marketing tactics including dynamic content, personalization strings, and A/B testing
- Ensure quality assurance of email campaigns using testing and analytics tools to ensure deliverability, accuracy and a seamless user experience
- Build and ensure correct implementation of the journeys in Marketing Cloud Journey Builder, suggest improvements.
- Utilize core marketing technologies and platforms, including but not limited to Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Salesforce Sales, Analytics.
- Work alongside the Salesforce Sales administrator to ensure database cleanliness, object synching, bidirectional sync with CRM using Marketing Cloud Connect, and general campaign execution
- Assist in building and maintaining reports and dashboards to help monitor individual giving programme
- Help with training new people leveraging and updating training materials as required
- Participate in future development and enhancements, testing and roll-out
- Support the individual giving team in other key priorities as required.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- University degree or relevant educational certification in Computer Science, IT Engineering, Professional Software Engineer or closely related discipline.
- Background in troubleshooting and technology support will be beneficial.
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud certification
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience in technology sector
- At least 2 years in digital marketing supporting the set-up of digital campaigns across multiple channels
- Minimum 2 years of experience with Salesforce Marketing cloud
- Proven work experience of providing technical support in a complex IT environment
- 2 years of experience in individual giving/digital fundraising.
- Preference will be given to candidates with international experience.
- Experience in the private sector is a plus
- High degree of adaptability to learn new technologies and successfully manage the daily challenges of a technical environment.
- Ability to understand the problems that are happening and extrapolate them to a higher level across systems for impact assessment
- Quantifiable data analysis skills and familiarity with analytical tools
- Strong collaboration and communication skills.
- Knowledge in individual giving/digital fundraising is an asset.
- General knowledge of UN system policies, rules, regulations and procedures governing administration is an asset.
- Analytical thinking
- Attention to details
- Computer competency
- Ability to work independently and in a goal-oriented manner
- Good written and oral communications skills and technological literacy
- Ability to work in multicultural settings
- Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement
- Working level of English is essential
Terms and Conditions
The selected candidate will be offered a junior consultancy contract with a duration of 11 months and the possibility of renewal.
WFP offers a competitive compensation package that will be determined by the contract type and selected candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Please visit the following websites for detailed information on working with WFP.
http://www.wfp.org Click on: “Our work” and “Countries” to learn more about WFP’s operations.
Deadline for Applications: 31 January 2020
VA No. 113401
Qualified female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply.
WFP has zero-tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.