ABOUT ONE ACRE FUND
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
In your role as the New Program Growth Associate, you will work with the IV Lead in co-strategising on new, compelling pathways and build field performance structures. You will lead strategy development and execution of program activities to dramatically improve our impact per farmer, de-risk our path to rapid build a strong field team and culture in the long term.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Impact strategy and execution: With support from the Monitoring and Evaluation department, be the lead in conducting research to identify and roll out new compelling products.
- Conduct species variety trials to identify new tree varieties to add to the program portfolio.
- Identify new services the program can add that would increase the impact on our farmers.
Scale strategy and execution: Use scouting data to build strategies and provide direction to rapidly scale the program across multiple districts in the next couple of years ensuring scale targets are hit.
- Spend amounts of time in the field scouting new possible areas of expansion.
- Identify risks and mapping out possible measures.
- Build a clear execution calendar for expansion.
Field team advancement : Invest a significant amount of time understanding field team members and building their development plans, tailoring training material to suit their needs and creating/ improving management tools.
- Create tailored field trainings for multiple activities
- Improve Measurement tools for field teams
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are looking for one exceptional professional with 5+ year(s) of work experience and a demonstrated passion for our mission. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Strong educational background; Master’s degree in Rural Development, international development, Business administration, Environmental economics, preferred.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience which includes qualitative and quantitative research on smallholder agriculture, with an emphasis on adoption of improved technologies or new business models, preferably including some work around agroforestry.
- Experience with research and extension project design and management, including participatory methods, on-farm trials, surveys and focus groups.
- Experience working in Extension Services, or implementing development programmes in rural locations preferred.
- Leadership experience at work, or outside of work, and enthusiasm for learning.
- Build teams and work with colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
- Easily explain complex technical concepts in plain language.
- Manage the complexity of our products, regions, and calendars to meet all of our deadlines.
- Identify impact opportunities.
- Passion for working with and training others, with strong experience contributing to capacity building and professional development of colleagues and direct reports
- Language: English required. Chichewa - advantage(but not required)
PREFERRED START DATE
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, start dates can vary significantly by role. We are adapting rapidly to Covid-19 and most of our team is now working remotely. Given the changing environment, we will appreciate your flexibility in confirming a start date.
Commensurate with experience
Health insurance, paid time off, and comprehensive benefits
SPONSOR INTERNATIONAL CANDIDATES
No; Must have existing working rights in Malawi.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (firstname.lastname@example.org), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.