2044 Project Manager Serbia at your Fingertips
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain cooperation with a diverse network of partners, including high-level decision makers in the national government, local self-governments, public institutions, CSOs, businesses, research/academic institutions, media, and other relevant stakeholders in project related fields;
- Support implementation of a range of activities, including policy advice, technical support, events, facilitation of working groups, and support to the growth of the IT/tech and creative industries ecosystems;
- Actively seek out emerging actors and new potential partners on all levels;
- Support engagement of leading national and international experts and institutions to support efficient delivery of results;
- Prepare presentations of project findings and results for distributions to key policy-makers and opinion leaders.
- Provide support in operational planning and day-to-day coordination of project implementation, in accordance with the project Results Framework and Annual Work Plan;
- Support in drafting terms of reference for consultants and project staff as needed;
- Assist in project procurement processes, provide inputs for the project procurement plan;
- Oversee execution of individual contracts, company contracts and grants;
- Monitor project financial resources and risks, support preparation of budget revisions as necessary and following up with Project Associate and finance staff on issues;
- Prepare briefs, talking points and other communication materials, ensure donor visibility in project materials;
- Organize project-related events, such as workshops, conferences or community meetups;
- Organize regular project progress monitoring and data collection;
- Support organization of regular Project Board meetings and reporting on the progress to the Project Board;
- Provide inputs to project work plans, drafting of narrative, financial and other reports (e.g. progress reports, mid-term, annual and the final report) and their presentation to the National Project Director/Project Board for review/approval;
- Manage project in the UNDP software Atlas, regularly update the Atlas Project Management module;
- Perform other duties, as required.
- Maintaining good cooperation and coordination between national counterparts, project partners and other relevant stakeholders;
- Maintaining regular contacts with beneficiaries and service providers to ensure relevance and quality of project outputs;
- Supporting the Portfolio Manager and team with data and knowledge collected in implementation and advising UNDP staff on mainstreaming e-government solutions in project work;
- Supporting knowledge sharing among project partners and within UNDP.
- Project outputs delivered within the acceptable tolerances of time, cost and quality;
- Dialogue with relevant national partners, stakeholders and beneficiaries maintained;
- Inputs to reports and work plans provided on time in line with quality standards, captured project activities and achievements;
- Project administered in UNDP software Atlas;
- Project activities and achievements captured and presented;
- Contributed to further pipeline development.
- Good application of Results-Based Management;
- Excellent communication, coordination and facilitation skills;
- Consistently ensures timeliness and quality of work;
- Establishes lasting relationships and substantive dialogue with clients;
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling ethical standards.
Required Skills and Experience
- Advanced university degree in economy, information technology, social sciencies or related field.
- Minimum 7 years of experience implementing projects in the fields of public administration reform or another related field;
- Experience in team work and coordination of complex projects/processes that included extensive communication, coordination and facilitation requirements;
- Experience in partnership building at international, national, regional and local level;
- Experience working in an international organization will be considered as an asset, as well as experience of engagement within the IT sector and government bodies in Serbia or regionally.
- Understanding of Serbia's political, institutional and socio-economic situation;
- Excellent knowledge of current policies and legislation and strong understanding of public administration reform processes and familiarity with the e government policy framework;
- Familiarity with the IT ecosystem in Serbia;
- Familiarity with the EU accession process and Sustainable Development Goals;
- Knowledge in the use of computers and office software packages and handling of web-based management systems.
- Ability to work in a team, deliver when working under pressure and within changing circumstances;
- Excellent writing/reporting and presentation skills;
- Excellent interpersonal, networking and team building skills.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken Serbian and English.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.