Senior Program Coordinator_Ukhia
The IRC has been present in Bangladesh since 2017 and obtained registration with the NGOAB in March 2018. Since the IRC obtained registration in March 2018, it has moved quickly to expand its integrated emergency health and protection response through both direct and partner-based programming focused on primary healthcare, women’s protection and empowerment, sexual and reproductive health, gender-based violence and child protection. Recently IRC has also introduced two new programs: Protection Rule of Law (PROL) and Education. IRC will continue working in both the camps and host community, while meeting the significant needs in both refugee and host populations, as already existing vulnerabilities are compounded with cyclical monsoon and cyclone seasons that impose additional threats to the lives and protection of those refugees as well as vulnerable host populations. IRC will grow over time its geographic coverage within Cox bazar and to other parts of the country, thus expand its networks and partnerships around emergency preparedness and response work, reach beyond the Rohingya refugees, also targeting the vulnerable host groups in Cox Bazar and other parts of Bangladesh.
Purpose of the Role
The Sr. Program Coordinator will be responsible for the overall management and oversight of all programs of IRC Bangladesh. This will include coordinating across the different functions and program teams of IRC and the partners at different levels to ensure that the program delivers transformative solutions and that these solutions are effectively implemented to achieve sustainable impact for refugees in Cox’s Bazar.
The Sr. Program Coordinator will report to the Deputy Director of Program and will directly line manage Team Leaders in addition to key operations, HR and Finance team of Ukhia Field Office.
A. Staff/Team Management:
• Directly supervise the Team Leader (Health & Education) and Team Leader (Protection); Operations Manager, Finance and HR officers for the Ukhia Field office
• Maintain open and professional relationships with team members, promote team spirit and provide supervision and guidance to enable staff to carry out their duties effectively
• Ensure that the monthly timetable sheets and performance reviews are regularly informed and transmitted on time
• Plan and supervise the staff activity plan, in order to ensure compliance with the work plan, days off and staff training and their skills development
• If necessary, identify the staff performance problem and work with human resources to document and respond to it in accordance with HR Policy
• Coordinate with IRC technical teams to plan for, and support, the conduct of Technical reviews/assessments and quality assurance support for implementation
• Create an enabling environment where Team Leaders and Sr. Managers and effectively working with Technical Coordinators in ensure program quality
• Address and mitigate staff complains and conflicts in coordination with the Sr. HR Coordinator, Technical Coordinators and Deputy Director of Programs.
B. Program Management:
• Oversee project delivery to ensure activities are executed on time, according to budget, and meet IRC and donor requirements;
• Oversee the project budget and operations to ensure resources are optimized through strong budget management, financial tracking, and accurate and timely reporting;
• Ensure that relevant project management tools are updated including work-plan, procurement plan and spending plan of all grants. Ensure that, there is mechanism in place within the tram to regularly review and update of the tools
• Closely work with M&E team to ensure that the data collection protocols are established and understood by moth program and M&E team
• Take part in regular Project Cycle Meetings, including inception meeting, grants/BVA reviews, closure meeting, lesson learnt meetings etc. for technical oversight;
• Capacity development of Team Leaders and Sr. Managers on overall PCM especially on program and budget management
• Approve expenses, manage and monitor monthly expenses and budget execution to ensure that all expenses are in line with the approved budget
• Work closely and coordinate with logistics, finance and support staff to ensure that current activities and expenses are in compliance; including active participation in the opening and closing of projects as well as retrospective meetings
• Undertake / participate in liaison, coordination and information sharing activities with national NGOs, international organizations, donors and government at Ukhia/Tenkaf level.
C. Partnership Management
• Oversee management of partners/sub-grantees
• Maintain oversight for all projects being implemented by local implementing partners
• Ensure that there are mechanisms in place to effectively monitor and support the local implementing partners
• Undertake regular visits in partner sites and take part in management meetings with Partners
D. Other Responsibilities:
• Provide support in project/program development initiatives by attending in design Workshop as necessary.
• Perform any other functions assigned by the supervisor to allow the development of IRC programs
• Commit to respecting the IRC Way
• Commit to ensuring the optimal implementation of these Policies in their working environment
• Be available to carry out any other ad hoc task deemed useful by his/her direct superior or by the IRC
• Produce reports of programmatic activities at the end of each month
• Minimum 5-8 years’ of experience in management and supervision of large programs funded by different donors
• Proven problem-solving skills
• Significant staff management experience is necessary
• Exceptional project management and organizational skills in a fast-paced environment
Competencies: Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Capable of being multitasking
• Have an excellent command of computer tools: Word, Excel, Power Point and MS Outlook
• Have excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
• Be able to work independently and in a team
• Have strong skills in time management, study of projects, organization of staff working under his/her direction
• Have excellent planning and communication skills
• Proficiency in English language
Specific Educational Qualification
• Minimum bachelor’s degree in relevant subject
Standard of Professional Conduct
IRC and IRC employees are required to abide by the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct which are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
Gender Equality & Equal Opportunity
We are committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer generous benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances. We welcome and strongly encourage qualified female professionals to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Are you ready to join the most dynamic team?