||CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
|Overview of position
Organisational context & scope:
IOM, with financial assistance of the EU, the 5 year Reintegration & Development Assistance in Afghanistan (RADA) project to support sustainable reintegration of returnees within their communities of return. RADA is implemented in 8 provinces of high return to achieve the following results:
- Sustainable reintegration: Returnees & communities in areas of high return in Afghanistan share an enabling environment for sustainable reintegration in which returnees reach a level of economic self sufficiency, social stability within their community, and psycho social well being that enables them to cope with (re) migration drivers. Activities include: integrated community development projects, support to businesses, startups & Technical & Vocational Education & Training (TVET).
- Capacity strengthening: The Ministry of Refugees and Repatriation (MoRR) & its departments at the provincial level, has strengthened capacities to plan, coordinate & facilitate the provision of comprehensive reintegration assistance. Activities include: technical assistance, peer to peer capacity building & the establishment of referral mechanisms & structures such as Reintegration Information Centres (RIC) at the provincial level.
- Reception Assistance: Persons who are returned to Afghanistan under the joint way forward framework & additional arrangements on non voluntary returns, are provided with immediate assistance at the airport in Kabul, Afghanistan. Activities include: medical & psycho social screening & referral, temporary accommodation & onward transportation.
- Knowledge development: Comprehensive data collection, trend monitoring & research contributes to an evidence base on return, reintegration & development policy & practice in Afghanistan. Activities include: data collection & analysis to monitor results, impact & contextual trends, publications & round tables contribute to policy discussions at national & international level.
Under the overall supervision of the RADA Project Manager & the direct supervision of the Reception & Reintegration Project Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible for the successful implementation of the IOM Afghanistan managed, EU (Development Cooperation / DEVCO) funded project “Reintegration & Development Assistance in Afghanistan” (RADA).
S / he will be responsible for ensuring the timely & effective implementation of result area 3. Based in the reception assistance facility in Kabul’s Hamid Karzai International Airport (HKIA), s / he will work in close cooperation with local authorities, service providers & IOM Kabul staff.
- Contribute to smooth & efficient operations for the provision of post arrival reception assistance including the processing, registering, informing, screening & guiding persons upon arrival at the reception assistance facility at HKIA in Kabul.
- Work in close coordination & cooperation with different units within IOM Afghanistan present at HKIA to ensure efficient delivery of project activities including Finance, Protection, RRR as well as other units as relevant & needed e.g. procurement, ICT, security & relevant project staff in the Kabul office.
- Ensure appropriate processing & filing (physical & electronic) of all the assistance related documentation, notably supporting documents & other operational documents, contracts, agreements as needed.
- Contribute to effective monitoring of assistance by collecting & entering data & contribute, in a timely manner, to reports to facilitate adequate information, tracking & reporting on trends returns in Afghanistan.
- Facilitate immediate case management for PSNs in Kabul & referrals by alerting Protection staff in HKIA of any (suspected) persons with specific needs upon their arrival. PSN include women at risk, unaccompanied migrant children, medical cases & victims of human rights violations (e.g. human trafficking).
- Proactively identify gaps in reception assistance, business processes & services provision & provide ideas to improve the delivery of assistance & services including document processing, filing & the use of different tools.
- Ensure timely communication, reporting & action on any issues arising before, during or after operations to the Reception & Reintegration Officer & liaise with relevant partners & counterparts at HKIA to ensure coordination, implementation & consideration of common standards & key principles including protection humanitarian principles.
- Support the Reception & Reintegration Officer with preparing relevant documents (MoUs, ToRs, Long Term Agreements & referral pathways of contracts) as needed related to the provision of post arrival reception assistance or referral services.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This role works Under the overall supervision of the RADA Project Manager & the direct supervision of the Reception & Reintegration Project Officer.
- Inclusion & respect for diversity: Respects & promotes individual & cultural differences, encourages diversity & inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity & transparency: Maintains high ethical standards & acts in a manner consistent with organisational principles / rules & standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: Demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent & committed manner & exercises careful judgement in meeting day to day challenges.
Core competencies – Behavioural indicators level 1:
- Teamwork: Develops & promotes effective collaboration within & across units to achieve shared goals & optimise results.
- Delivering results: Produces & delivers quality results in a service oriented & timely manner, is action oriented & committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing & sharing knowledge: Continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge & innovate.
- Accountability: Takes ownership for achieving the organisation’s priorities & assumes responsibility for own action & delegated work.
- Communication: Encourages & contributes to clear & open communication, explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring & motivational way.
This role does not have any team management responsibility.