Data Analysis and Behavioural Insights Specialist
Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.Description of task
Under the supervision of the Project Coordinator, the Kuwait Public Policy Center,
- Design and analyse quantitative and qualitative research tools related to psychology and social sciences;
- Contribute to research projects requiring expertise in data management and data analysis;
- Develop visualization and other bespoke services to provide value-added dissemination;
- Design of surveys, questionnaires, and behavioural experiments and interventions;
- Design randomized control trials and A/B testing to test different interventions;
- Collect and process data from multiple sources;
- Perform data analysis and statistical analysis for the results;
- Support the project in conducting research and preparing policy briefs;
- Conduct desktop research, and using journal articles, newspaper sources, questionnaires, surveys, and interviews to gather data;
- Support in writing research papers, reports, reviews, and summaries.
Bachelor’s degree in data science, computer science, statistics, mathematics, economics or related discipline with a strong quantitative and computational background. Master’s degree strongly preferred.Required experience: 48 Months Experience remark:
- Minimum four years of relevant professional experience, or two years’ experience with a Master’s Degree.
- Demonstrated experience in data production, data management, metadata, quality control, data cleaning and validation, and publishing, particularly for time series data.
- Excellent working knowledge of data science tools, relevant programming languages (R, Python) and related statistics and visualization modules. Excellent working knowledge of SQL and database platforms as well as data visualization tools (D3, Tableau, ggplot).
- Exceptionally high attention to detail and a demonstrated ability to identify and resolve errors and inconsistencies as part of a comprehensive quality control process.
- Domain expertise in one or more subject areas of development data, such as behavioral science, socio-economic statistics and other related field would be considered a plus.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to clearly and concisely articulate complex ideas both in writing and verbally. Demonstrated experience in giving presentations to a range of different audiences.
- Strong interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to comfortably work across diverse teams and cultural backgrounds to understand a range of perspectives and communicate effectively.
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines;
- Sound security awareness;
- Have affinity with or interest in community support at the field level, volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Arabic(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Creativity, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
This is a national UN Volunteer assignment, therefore only nationals of Kuwait and legal residents in Kuwait with the status of refugee or with the status of being stateless are eligible to apply.
Application deadline: 29-May-2020.