The Protection Officer in line with prevention and response approaches will be responsible for the day to day direct delivery of Protection and Rule of Law activities. She\he will lead the provision of ; protection case management support for extremely vulnerable individuals (EVIs), regular monitoring of the protection environment, protection dialogues at community level, running of mobile protection desks in community spaces and work with community structures to enable regular communication and access to information by community members especially the most vulnerable. Working closely with other consortium members they will facilitate referrals to other service providers and work with community volunteers to ensure new arrivals to city are identified and have the information and advice required to access essential services. They will work closely with Legal Officers, WPE staff, identifying areas for collaboration and sharing of resources in achieving the objectives of the sector. They will be part of an integrated protection team delivering activities agreed by the Protection consortium.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and conduct protection monitoring exercises, organising FDGs, KIIs and providing data from mobile protection desks for analysis.
- Ensure Identified community centers are functional – with all the resources and staffing required to provide a safe and effective service to community members
- Ensure service mapping is up to date, referral pathways established and follow up of cases, concerns and issues are conducted with the support of volunteers
- Provide case management support for extremely vulnerable individuals (EVIs), ensuring tools provided are used and process and procedures complied with the support of volunteers
- Organise protection dialogues at community level, working with volunteers to mobilise community leaders and other protection actors
- Have in place a clear system for the collection and storing of data on all activities
- Work closely with the Legal Officers, WPE Officers, ERD staff and staff from other consortium partners to ensure linkages and referrals are done in a safe, effective and timely manner
- Work closely with colleagues in ERD and WPE teams, other consortium members, OPM and UNHCR to provide a comprehensive support to the affected population
- Provide weekly reports, data and work plans covering area of operation in a timely manner for review by the Program Manager
- Map capacity and resources of refugee communities, supporting them in implementing community based protection activities\projects
- Liaise with partners to receive and follow up on messaging needs and ensure quality and relevance of messaging
- Conduct weekly meetings with volunteers
- Undertake other duties as required by Programme Manager in support of overall running of the programme and specific aspects of implementation consistent with the role of Protection Officer
Key Working Relationships
Position reports to: Senior Protection Officer
Position directly supervises:Community Based Volunteers
Other internal and/or external contacts
Internal:Protection Coordinator, WPE Coordinator, Legal Officers, WPE Officers, ERD StaffExternal:UNHCR, OPM, other protection actors and urban consortium members.