International Human Resources Associate
Silver Spring (United States of America)
HIAS seeks an International Human Resources Associate to support the International Human Resources team and overseas employees. This role will report to the Director, International Human Resources. The ideal candidate is a highly-motivated, committed and driven individual who is passionate about human resources and seeks to provide customer service and organizational strength.
- Provides support in various day-to-day operations to the International Human Resources team.
- Maintains files, both paper and electronic, including personnel files, policies and procedures, and other administrative records.
- Maintains personnel data, both paper and electronic, including personnel and medical information, as well as administrative records.
- Compiles and maintains monthly international Human Resources data, including information on personnel, recruitment, retention, etc.
- Maintains international Human Resources data on HIAS’ intranet.
- Maintains organizational charts for individual country offices.
- Assists in the preparation of onboarding materials, as well as various trainings around policies, procedures, etc.
- Attends various INGO working group meetings on behalf of International Human Resources team as needed.
- Assists in the development and release of job postings on various platforms, including social media and relevant job boards.
- Supports Hiring Managers in screening resumes and job applications.
- Coordinates candidate interviews, and assists in the preparation of interview questions and other hiring materials.
- Maintains time and attendance records for remote HQ staff and expatriates.
- Assists with payroll processing and benefits auditing for expatriate staff.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Undergraduate degree required.
- 1-3 years of experience in Human Resources, Nonprofit Management or Operations.
- Foreign language strongly desired; Spanish preferable.
- Advanced project management, time management and customer service skills.
- Advanced communication and organization skills.
- High emotional intelligence and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Detail-oriented, independent and reliable.
- Strong cross-cultural skills.
- Demonstrated interest in human rights and social justice.
- Knowledge of Judaism and/or the Jewish community, culture and issues preferred.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to our website, http://www.hias.org/career-and-internship-opportunities