Regional Coordinator P4
Vacancy no.: DC/ISSA/P/2020/01
Publication date: 11 August 2020
Application deadline (midnight Geneva time): 24 August 2020
Job ID: 4090
Organization Unit: ISSA
Contract type: Fixed Term
Contract duration: One year
Under article 4.2, paragraph (e) of the Staff Regulations, the filling of vacancies in technical cooperation projects does not fall under Annex I of the Staff Regulations and is made by direct selection by the Director-General.
In order to support the best informed process in the filling of the present vacancy by direct selection, the ILO invites interested candidates to submit their candidature online by the above date.
Technical cooperation appointments are not expected to lead to a career in the ILO and they do not carry any expectation of renewal or conversion to any other type of appointment in the Organization. A one-year fixed-term contract will be given. Extensions of technical cooperation contracts are subject to various elements including the following: availability of funds, continuing need of the functions and satisfactory conduct and performance.
The following are eligible to apply:
- ILO Internal candidates in accordance with paragraphs 31 and 32 of Annex I of the Staff Regulations.
- External candidates.
The position is located in the Office of the Secretary General of the International Social Security Association (ISSA). The ISSA is the international organization for social security institutions and government departments and currently has 325 members from 160 countries. As a voluntary membership-based organization, the ISSA provides relevant knowledge-based products and services to effectively support its members to work towards excellence in social security administration. In order to respond appropriately to the diverse needs and priorities of its global membership, the ISSA implements a triennial programme of technical and regional activities.
Under the direction of the Head of the Office of the Secretary General, the incumbent is responsible for developing relations with the ISSA member institutions in the region of Europe (excluding Eurasia), including member engagement, member retention and member recruitment activities. In addition, the incumbent is responsible for coordinating the planning and implementation of the ISSA regional programme of activities in collaboration with the ISSA European Network, which is the ISSA regional structure for Europe. This includes in particular the organization of technical events and the project management of the ISSA Regional Social Security Forum for Europe, which is the key ISSA event in the region. Based on the specific knowledge of the incumbent of the experiences, needs and priorities of European members, the incumbent also supports the broad range of the ISSA technical activities and provides advice to the ISSA’s strategic and programme development.
The incumbent reports directly to the Head of the Secretary General’s Office.
- Coordinate and develop relations with the ISSA membership in the European region, including institutional communication regarding membership status and changes in senior management, member engagement and guidance to members in their use of ISSA products and services, responses to requests, member recruitment and member retention.
- Support the implementation of the broad range of ISSA activities through facilitating access to, and exchange with, members in the European region, including through targeted outreach and promotion and recommendations for speakers and cases.
- Build knowledge on the experiences, priorities and needs of members in the European region and document this knowledge in the ISSA CRM.
- Coordinate the development of the ISSA European Network, its Secretariat and its Steering Committee. Guide the Secretariat of the European Network in the establishment and implementation of a triennial work plan in line with expressed member needs and the objectives of the ISSA Programme and Budget.
- Support European Network activities as required, in particular with regard to the organization of events.
- Project manage the organization of the ISSA Regional Social Security Forum for Europe, including the contribution of other units, with a view to ensuring high levels of technical debates and satisfaction by members.
- Coordinate institutional relations with regional organizations, including the EU, and contribute to ISSA partnership activities.
- Provide advice and support to the ISSA management in the strategic and political aspects of relations with members in Europe.
- Prepare statements, speeches and correspondence for the Secretary General and the ISSA President. Participate in the quality control of official correspondence for the Secretary General’s signature.
- Contribute to ISSA activities and projects and perform other duties as required by the Secretary General.
Advanced university degree in the relevant field.
At least eight years of professional experience in a social security administration or government agency. Experience at the international level or with international matters will be an advantage.
Excellent command of an ISSA official language (English, French, German, Spanish) and very good working knowledge of English (or another language if English is the first language).
Very good knowledge of various aspects, challenges and priorities for social security policy and administration in Europe. Sound knowledge of ISSA activities. Decision making and problem solving skills. Excellent writing skills. Good communication and presentation skills. Service mindedness and ability to build networks. Negotiation skills and sound experience in communicating with senior officials. Computer application skills. Organization and management skills. Tact and persuasiveness in dealing with people. Good knowledge of the broad range of areas dealt with by the work unit. Demonstrated ability to effectively monitor work programmes and resources. Open to diversity. Ability to work and contribute in a team. Ability to provide expert advice. Ability to represent the ISSA. Ability to work in a multicultural environment and gender-sensitive behaviour and attitudes are also required.
Conditions of employment
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to ILO Staff Regulations and other relevant internal rules. Any offer of employment with the ILO is conditional upon certification by the ILO Medical Adviser that the person concerned is medically fit to perform the specific inherent requirements of the position offered. In order to confirm an offer from the ILO the successful candidate will be required to undergo a medical examination.
- Any extension of technical cooperation contracts are subject to various elements including the following: availability of funds, continuing need of the functions and satisfactory conduct and performance.
For more information on conditions of employment, please visit: https://jobs.ilo.org/content/International/?locale=en_GB
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application form. To apply, please visit ILO Jobs. The system provides instructions for online application procedures.
Applicants will be contacted directly if selected for a written test and/or an interview.
Depending on the location and availability of candidates, assessors and interview panel members, the ILO may use communication technologies such as Skype, Video or teleconference, e-mail, etc for the assessment and evaluation of candidates at the different stages of the recruitment process, including technical tests or interviews.
The ILO does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process whether at the application, interview, processing or training stage. Messages originating from a non ILO e-mail account - @ilo.org - should be disregarded. In addition, the ILO does not require or need to know any information relating to the bank account details of applicants.