Humanitarian Access and Security Officer - Bekaa
The Bekaa Safety and security Officer supports the safe, effective and efficient access to and by people in need for humanitarian assistance, in line with humanitarian principles, through information and procedure management, direct support to staff, negotiation and liaison, and monitoring. The HASO is responsible to monitor the overall security situation, enforce security regulations and provide sound and timely advice to IRC Lebanon staff and management.
Safety and Security Management Planning
- Supported technically bi HASSM, s/he will update all policies, procedures, guidelines and planning for staff safety, operational security and programcontinuity in their respective area of operations;
- Assist field coordinator and HASSM to deal with security incidents inBekaa.
- Evaluate, review and update the hibernation and evacuation plans for all IRC offices and residences in Bekaa, and ensure that the practical preparations are in place and known to all staffinvolved;
- Conduct risk assessments of contracted and prospective offices andresidences in the Bekaa area
- Undertake continual assessments of equipment to ensure that minimal conditions for security are beingmet.
Monitoring, Analysis and Supervision
- Identify, establish and manage context appropriate approach to assure IRC facilities are secure – i.e. third-party securitycompanies.
- Work closely with IRC teams to ensure all incidents and accidents are followed up with an official written report, which is then shared with relevant stakeholders and filed appropriately.
- Compile the incidents reports and security information and share them with the HASSO to include in the Monthly Security Report.Submit daily contextual updates as needed to the HASSM.
- Coordinate regularly with the SSSM on safety and security, and fulfill reporting requirements to the region.
- Regularly monitor the news and share timely security related information and advisories relevant to their areas of operations.
- Provide Training(s) may include Standard Operational Procedures (SOPs); Contingency Plans (CPs); Security Management; Incident Reporting; Prevention and Response Mechanisms; Communications (Equipment - Thuraya;protocols).
- Conduct orientation for new staff in their areas of operations.
- Analyze security information and assess impact on area of operation.
- In Coordination with HASSSM and FCs, schedule regular meetings with state actors and dominant non state actors to enable and maintain access through official representation.
- Inform programs and operations staff of requirements for humanitarian access during planning
- Ensure timely completion of processes and procedures to facilitate effective and efficient access
- Manage and maintain records of permits, clearances and exemptions from relevant actors
- Provide direct support to staff and management to resolve access issues, including interference and questioning through coordination, liaison and negotiation.
- Track and report on the humanitarian access environment including incidents and issues to inform humanitarian access planning and management and recommend solutions.
- Actively contribute to information exchange both internally and externally and share with the HASSSM in timely manner.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS AND COORDINATION:
Dotted-Lineto: Humanitarian Access and Security Senior Manager
Technical Oversight/Supportby: Humanitarian Access and Security Senior Manager
Technical Oversight/Support to: N/A
Internal: IRC Staff based in Bekaa and Humanitarian Access and Security team in BeirutExternal: AllstakeholdersrelatedtoSecurityandSafetyinBekaa,followinginstructions SSSM and confirmation of FC.