“Country Finance Manager (m/f/d) - DRC”
Kinshasa (Congo Democratic)
CBM is an international Christian development organisation, committed to improving the quality of life of persons with disabilities in the poorest communities of the world. We are looking to recruit as soon as possible a:
“Country Finance Manager (m/f/d) - DRC”
Main objective of the role:
Reporting directly to the Country Director, the job holder will be responsible and accountable for all finance matters in the Country Office. The Finance Manager ensures strong financial discipline, implementing control and compliance checks to ensure donor funds are utilized in line with CBM and donor agreements in close collaboration with local partners to ensure all financial requirements are met.
We are looking for someone who will…
- Set-up and maintain strong control processes to ensure that financial resources are used by partners in compliance with CBM financial policies, standards and procedures
- Liaise with the programme team and provide ad hoc reports
- Enforce partner delivery of timely, complete and quality finance reports in line with CBM’s requirements
- Coordinate all aspects of the annual and multi-year budget process with partners, in line with CBM’s budget guidelines
- Conduct the financial and legal compliance part of partner assessments
- Manage the financial risk register of the Country Office
- Validate the Country Office payroll, and ensure tax calculations, social security and other statutory contribution are made in line with relevant CBM internal and national regulations
- Organize and manage the annual audit of Country Office accounts and prepare, manage and implement follow-up plans based on given recommendations
- Submit timely and complete reports to the Country Director, Regional Hub Office and International Office as per agreed timetable and in line with established reporting requirements
- Adequately resource the CBM country finance function in terms of staff numbers, skills and capacity and manage the country finance team based on performance
Participate and actively contribute to learning platforms in the region and at the international level within CBM upon request
We are looking for someone who has…
- A degree in Finance, Accounting, Internal Audit; professional qualification in accounting an advantage (e.g. ACCA, CIMA, CIA)
- A minimum of 5-years of experience in a senior position ensuring effective financial management, systems and controls, including institutional grant management, particularly with an international development organization
- Proven experience in undertaking Organizational Assessments
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to write clear, concise reports
- Team player skills and the ability to build, develop, maintain, and strengthen collaborative partnerships
- Ability to develop finance management capacity in others
- Solid understanding of project cycle management
- The ability to work effectively under pressure and meet tight deadlines (Stress Management)
- Thoroughness with great attention to detail and quality of work
- First exposure to concepts, approaches and standards regarding Disability Inclusive Development, Gender and Child Safeguarding would be an advantage
- Excellent Business English writing and communication skills. Any additional language would be advantageous
- Advanced skills in MS Office 365, particularly Excel MA Navision and SharePoint solutions, accounting software(s)
The future job holder will adhere to CBM’s values and commits to CBM’s Code of Conduct and Safeguarding Policy.
CBM encourages persons with disabilities to apply for this position. For further information about CBM’s inclusion policy, please visit our Resources & Publications section at www.cbm.org. If you feel that this role would be a good opportunity for you, we would love to hear from you.
Application deadline: September 27 , 2020.
This is a 2 Years´ Fixed-Term contract to be based at our Country Office in Kinshasa, DRC, open to applications internationally and/or subject to the international scope of DRC´s national labor and immigration laws founded in the existent Immigration framework.