We are CBM
CBM is a Christian international development organisation, committed to improving the quality of life of people with disabilities in the poorest communities of the world irrespective of race, gender or religious belief.
Based on its core values and over 100 years of professional expertise, CBM addresses poverty both as a cause and as a consequence of disability, and works in partnership with local and national civil society organisations to create an inclusive society for all.
CBM is a federation composed of 11 national member associations based in Australia, Canada, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Kenya, New Zealand, South Africa, Switzerland, the United Kingdom and the United States and an international office with a network of regional and country offices that work closely with our partners in Africa, Asia and Latin America.
Disability-Inclusive Development is the framework of all our initiatives and the key theme which drives our activities and the impact of our work. We believe that this is the most effective way to bring positive change to the lives of people with disabilities living in poverty and their communities. Through our Disability-Inclusive Development approach, we address the barriers that hinder access and participation and actively seek to ensure the full participation of people with disabilities as empowered self-advocates in all development and emergency response processes.
With a global network of partners, CBM seeks to build and promote an inclusive world in which all persons with disabilities enjoy their human rights and achieve their full potential. Our work includes:
- Supporting comprehensive health care systems and services in eye health, ear and hearing care, community mental health and physical rehabilitation.
- Ensuring inclusive education for all, reaching the most marginalised.
- Building inclusive, resilient communities through Community Based Inclusive Development.
- Implementing inclusive emergency response and disaster risk reduction.
- Strengthening international advocacy and alliances to realise the human rights of persons with disabilities and the promotion of Disability-Inclusive Development.
You will find featured CBM vacancies at Impactpool. Update your Impactpool profile to stay alerted when CBM jobs are advertised. Find information how to apply in the job advertisements. When sending your application, please indicate that you found the opportunity at Impactpool.org.