Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinating and carrying out the installation, support and maintenance of IT equipment and network infrastructure including internet lines for various servers in the ASYCUDA data centre;
- Configuring and administering Linux and Windows servers, monitoring and maintaining them and creating system backups. Trouble-shooting based on feedback from users and other ASYCUDA offices including issues of connectivity and performance;
- Configuring and maintaining data centre firewalls;
- Participating in the preparation of a disaster recovery strategy and its implementation;
- Preparing and maintaining technical/set-up documentation.
- Carry out installation, maintenance, and backup ASYCUDA-related platforms. Trouble-shooting based on feedback from users and other ASYCUDA offices including issues of application access, database access, mail server access or any other technical errors reported;
- Management of the mail server including trouble-shooting and carrying out the required developments;
- Preparation of technical documentation.
- Establishment of detailed technical specifications for equipment and service based on country/UNCTAD requirements;
- Liaising with vendors and services providers;
- Evaluation of received quotations;
- Provision of recommendations in the respect of the UN Rules and regulation.
- In accordance with requirements from the regional office and headquarters, enhance and enrich the ASYCUDA-related software by developing new applications and relevant online tools;
- In accordance with requirements from the regional office and headquarters, enhance and enrich the ASYCUDA-related software by augmenting existing applications and features.
- Provision of advice on and implementation of mechanism for data sharing;
- Maintaining the ASYCUDA Programme mail server;
- Strengthening of the network security;
- Monitoring of data backup and restoration.
- Good practical knowledge of inter-disciplinary development issues;
- Ability to go beyond established procedures and models, propose new approaches which expand the range of projects;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Promotes sharing of knowledge and experience, and actively works towards continued personal learning and development;
- Builds strong relationships with all partners, focuses on impact and results and responds positively to critical feedback;
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure;
- Proven networking, team building, organizational and communication skills;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Fulfills all obligations to gender sensitivity and zero tolerance for sexual harassment.
Required Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 4 years years of progressively responsible experience in ICT systems and network analysis and design, installation, configuration, testing, piloting, rollout, administration and maintenance or related field;
- Must have good working knowledge of operating systems including MS-Windows and UNIX;
- Must have good knowledge of Local Area Network and Wide Area Network design and implementation;
- Proven track record of working in a team environment and in multi-cultural environment;
- Experience with UN would be an advantage.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.