WPE Assistant Prevention Officer (2 positions)
The WPE Assistant Prevention Officer (APO) will lead the implementation of the GBV prevention strategy to support refugees and host community women and girls living in Palabek settlement. He/She will collaborate and guide the WPE volunteers, conduct a range of outreaches and implement a set of behavioural change methodologies to prevent GBV including adolescent and livelihood interventions aimed to respond to the needs of adolescent girls and women. The candidate will also partake in male engagement activities to further involve men and boys in WPE programming and outreach efforts.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and monitor GBV prevention activities, ensuring these activities are informed by target beneficiaries and correspond to their priorities and safety.
- Conduct training and dialogues with WPE volunteers, Women committees, male & female community leaders, and key informants on the topics of GBV, women’s rights, gender equality in line with priorities identified by women and girls.
- Conduct outreach efforts to disseminate information on services available to women and girls and raise awareness with the Community Volunteers and the Women Committees.
- Support capacity building and coordination activities by delivering training sessions to GBV service providers on GBV core concepts and guiding principles, safety audit and service mapping tools, reporting and advocacy skills, and community mobilization.
- Implement prevention and community-based advocacy initiatives based on identified needs and Safety Audit reports that reflect the voices of women and girls.
- Implement prevention programs and conduct dialogues with male community members.
- Facilitate Information Sessions (IS), Door-to-Door outreaches, Focus Group Discussions (FDGs), Awareness Sessions (AS), and other sessions for women and girls at the Women Center and via mobile teams.
- Oversee the implementation of the Rotational Savings activities, business advisory, life-skills training and job placement assistance offered to women and girls at the Women Center and via the mobile teams.
- Organize Male Engagement Groups and host programming targeting men and boys.
- Implement Adolescent Girls Programming including facilitation of the IRC adolescent girl’s curriculum and other planned activities, selection of target girls, relationship building with key gatekeepers and monitoring of activities.
- Work with families, caregivers and communities to support in building and strengthening a more protective environment for adolescent girls and by providing parenting skills trainings.
- Collaborate with finance and logistics to ensure program supplies and resources are available in a timely manner to support program implementation.
- Update and maintain work and spending plans that support the achievement of activities.
- Support in the development and contextualization of curriculum and GBV content.
- Constantly monitor activity implementation, compile daily & weekly reports, and attend weekly staff meetings.
- Attend WPE and IRC meetings and trainings as needed and as requested by senior staff.
- Conduct targeted awareness sessions with boys and men on the prevention of VAW.
Key Working Relationships
Position reports to: WPE Prevention Officer
Position directly supervises:WPE Volunteers
Indirect reporting: WPE Manager
Other internal and/or external contacts
Internal: Close coordination with IRC Protection, M&E, Finance, HR, and OperationsExternal:Close collaboration with donors, local actors (local NGOs, UN agencies, government) and service providers’ part of the urban survivors of sexual and gender-based violence (SGBV) referral system.