||CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
|Overview of position
Under the direct supervision of the Public Information Officer in close collaboration with Migration Health Division (MHD) and under the overall supervision of COM, the Communications and Outreach Assistant will provide assistance for MHD-led COVID-19 response activities and will ensure that cooperation with implementing partners is taking place and covered according to agreed action plans.
The COVID-19 strategic preparedness and response plan is being implemented through 9-pillar approach, including Risk Communication & Community Engagement (RCCE). In the framework of RCCE, this position has a pivotal role in advocacy and awareness raising on the COVID-19 pandemic.
While the full picture of communication mechanism and perception of COVID-19 among migrants and host communities remains unclear, the misinformation, rumors and misconceptions about COVID-19 (often spread through social media platforms) have contributed to public panic and stigmatization of migrants.
The position of Communications and Outreach Assistant plays a critical role in dispelling rumors and maintaining public trust in the national health system as well as IOM’s COVID-19 response.
The essential objective of RCCE working group is to lead the implementation of a strategy to prevent the spread of misinformation and mitigate the negative impact of COVID-19 response on essential health services, and address misconceptions and rumors related to the pandemic across the country.
Monitor Libyan social media channels, and flag any issues of concern to the PI and MHD teams, including negative mentions and misreporting, and propose ways to respond as appropriate. Contribute to the inclusion of appropriate gender awareness in the information material produced; Build relationships and collaborations with universities and local media outlets;Identify relevant media/communications opportunities to promote IOM Libya’s work in Libya;Ensure consistent visibility of IOM Libya’s activities, and donor visibility in line with donor requirements;Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- Develop and conduct assessment on the migrant communities in Tripoli and Sebha about their Knowledge, Attitude and Practices towards COVID-19 (transmission, prevention and treatment of the COVID-19);
- Asses risk perceptions and attitudes towards contracting the disease (confirmed cases).
- Develop and disseminate on an ongoing basis key messages on prevention of COVID-19 through various channels for multiple target groups.
- Ensure communities are engaged through outreach, tools, mechanisms and enabled to communicate and provide feedback, input to responders.
- Support to identify knowledge gaps within communities and address misperceptions about COVID-19, if there’s any, in coordination with the MHD team.
- Identify the preferred sources and channels to communicate messages and information about COVID-19.
- Develop information, education and communication (IEC) materials such as audio-visuals, booklets, leaflets to address myths and misinformation about COVID-19. (In coordination with other units such as MRRM, DA, VHR, Procurement, and different migrant communities and embassies.)
- Be responsible for media arrangement of all COVID-19 related events and meetings including training, donations, and community engagement activities.
Produce content for international audiences in the form of assisting to develop press notes and creating visual human-interest stories from the field about MHD activities;Visit the field to collect photographs, video clips, and beneficiaries’ stories that highlight IOM Libya’s COVID response, according to IOM/PI guidelines;
This role reports to the Senior Protection Officer.
||• Experience working in communications, advocacy, journalism or related area is required;
• Fully proficient computer skills including use of relevant software and other applications (e.g. Adobe Suite including Photoshop, Premiere or Final Cut) is required;
• Experience of producing visual communication products is desirable;
• Previous working experience in a relevant field with an international organization (IOM, UN etc.) is an advantage;
• Good knowledge of MS Office applications e.g. Excel, Word, Outlook, etc;
• Effective organizational skills and ability to establish priorities and plans, ability to work under pressure and cope with deadlines;
• Good written and spoken communications skills, good interpersonal skills, ability to work in a multi-cultural environment;
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 3
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
This role does not have team management responsibility.