Knowledge Management and Dissemination Officer
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $90 million, offices in 20 countries, and a global staff of 400. We work in more than 100 countries worldwide.
IREX seeks qualified Global Knowledge Management and Dissemination Officer candidates for the global, cross-sectoral USAID Youth Excel Activity. This project will design and apply an approach to using implementation research to strengthen cross-sectoral positive youth development programming, help youth-led and youth-serving organizations use implementation research, and synthesize and promote findings broadly. The Global Knowledge Management and Dissemination Officer will be responsible for building capacity of youth-led/youth-serving organizations and youth researchers to synthesize and disseminate evidence and learning for use in improving development outcomes by key stakeholders – other youth-led/youth-serving organizations (YL/YSOs), international donors, and private sector partners. This position will be based in Guatemala or El Salvador.
Only citizens or legal residents of Guatemala or El Salvador will be considered.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Develop project knowledge management systems and strategies. Includes procuring and co-designing a digital data capture, synthesis, and dissemination platform and user guides in collaboration with project partners.
- Capture, manage, and make available project learning to inform both program implementation and initiatives across the broader youth development community.
- Develop knowledge dissemination strategies and plans. Includes network-building, network management, data aggregation, visualization, and distribution through a data dashboard.
- Develop innovative knowledge products that communicate program learning to support use of this knowledge by project staff, partners, donors, and other stakeholders, in close collaboration with Communications Officer and partners with strategic communications expertise.
- Collaborate with partners and global stakeholders to tailor and disseminate knowledge products to relevant audiences, particularly through the digital platform and other online networks.
- Provide technical assistance to YL/YSOs and youth researchers to synthesize, disseminate, and apply evidence and learning to advocacy initiatives across a variety of sectors. Emphasis on digital skill-building.
- Build the capacity of project and partner staff to track, utilize, and disseminate project learning for continued program improvements, and to help others do so. Emphasis on digital skill-building to promote use of the project’s digital platform.
- Provide technical guidance to collaborative events and initiatives to extract learning.
- Co-design and develop tracking and monitoring systems to gauge and analyze how knowledge is being accessed, shared, and used, with an emphasis on digital skill-building and application among YL/YSOs. Monitor knowledge management and dissemination; learn from data and iterate project systems and approaches to improve work.
- Contribute to overall project work planning; monitoring, evaluation, and learning; and communications.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- At least three (3) years’ experience in knowledge management, dissemination, and related methodologies. Experience working with youth and prior USAID programs preferred.
- Understanding of the youth development field and experience working with youth as partners and/or leveraging positive youth development or similar programs.
- Experience leveraging innovative knowledge dissemination strategies to effectively engage youth in knowledge sharing and exchange preferred.
- Experience designing, producing, disseminating, and packaging knowledge products for use by a variety of audiences—specifically youth, international donors, and private sector partners—and supporting others develop strategies to do so.
- Experience and/or understanding of digital design for data and knowledge aggregation, analysis, dissemination, open-source data, and data crowd-sourcing platforms.
- Demonstrated facilitation skills with widely diverse groups to enable inclusive teamwork.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects in fast-paced work environments and deliver high-quality results under tight deadlines.
- Exceptional communication skills and emotional intelligence.
- Undergraduate and/or graduate degree in a field related to knowledge management, particularly related to international development, youth development, education, health, or another relevant field.
Link to application: https://jobs.jobvite.com/irex/job/okrmdfw4