Roving HR - Assistant
General Description of the Programme:
GOAL an International Humanitarian Organisation has had a presence in Turkey since 2013 and has been contributing to the migrant response since 2016 with a focus on responding to needs in health service delivery, social safety nets and the protection of vulnerable and marginalised migrants in southern Turkey.
GOAL has been working in northern Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming, water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) services. GOAL has been contributing to the urban refugee responses in Turkey since 2016 with a focus on enabling access to health service and the protection services for vulnerable and marginalized asylum seekers in Turkey
Overview of the Link Program
GOAL seeks a Roving HR Assistant for its ECHO-funded LINK and BPRM programs. These programs aim to connect vulnerable and marginalized communities to available state and non-state services in Ankara, Gaziantep, Sanliurfa, Mersin and Adana using the outreach, advocacy and Individual Protection Assistance (IPA) approaches. Link will address and mitigate protection concerns of the vulnerable/marginalized refugees through provision of critical information and raising their awareness on their rights, obligations and services available in Turkey, by sensitization/advocacy (targeting key stakeholders and service providers, etc.) activities and Individual Protection Assistance (IPA) services to assist vulnerable individuals to access to basic, social and protective services available under the provisions of Temporary and International Protection regulations in Turkey. In Gaziantep and Sanliurfa the program will exclusively target the semi-nomadic groups including Dom, a marginalized community currently excluded from most services.
He/She will be line managed by Field Systems Manager and technically reporting to the HR Coordinator. The Roving HR Assistant will be responsible for providing support to the LINK HR duties in coordination with HR Coordinator. The position based in Ankara and will be roving between Ankara, Adana, Mersin, Gaziantep and Şanlıurfa. This position demands excellent HR knowledge and strong organisational skills and ability to report accurately. The HR Assistant performs a wide range of duties including some of the following:
For Turkey Program:
- Maintain employee’s personnel records ensuring timely and accurate records.
- Support in maintaining confidential documents related to staff and coordinate to process new hire and exit and termination process paperwork.
- Assist in payroll preparation by providing relevant data, by collecting timesheets and attendance records, absences and leaves.
- Follow up on staff contracts.
- Prepare paperwork for HR policies and procedures.
- Update leave balance of the staff.
- Process employees’ requests and provide relevant information.
- Collaborate with the HR Coordinator to post job ads on careers pages and process incoming resumes.
- Assist in consultation with the HR officer in some HR functions such as recruitment, onboarding, clearance, trainings and annual appraisals.
- Prepare reports and presentations for internal communications.
- Provide orientations and induction for new employees by sharing onboarding packages and explaining policies.
- Organize and schedule appointments including plan meetings and take detailed minutes.
- Provide secretarial support such as typing, takings minutes, drafting letters, and translation of English or Turkish documents etc.
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports.
- Develop and maintain a filing system.
- Assist and maintain office policies and procedures.
- Liaise with the HR Officer in Monitoring and coordinate timely contract renewals, preparation of ID cards, hiring, notice and termination letters.
- Be familiar with, and able to answer queries on, all aspects of terms of employment, code of conduct and discipline regulations in compliance with GOAL’s staff Onboarding Guide/HR manual and other employee policies.
- Provide general support to HR Coordinator for the day to day running of the base of HR
- Assist HR Coordinator and other HR staff in advertising approved vacancies, hiring and screening candidates.
- Ensures that GOAL’s HR policies are adhered.
- Proactively engage with GOAL’s recruitment process to ensure we recruit high calibre staff in a fair, effective and professional manner.
- Assist Hiring Managers with the preparation of the Employee requests form (ERFs) and of job descriptions and the rest of the recruitment process.
- Prepare job offers to candidates and pass to the HR team for onboarding.
- Update recruitment tracking system at each stage of the recruitment process. Ensure all roles are accurately progressed through the system for reporting purposes.
- Ensure all stakeholders are kept appraised at each stage of the recruitment process.
- Provide flexible support in the event of an emergency response
- Ensure HR information is retained for legal purposes and remains confidential.
- Report to the HR Coordinator on a daily and weekly basis regarding HR processes and activities.
- Ensure that the ATCS check and security check done priority actual offer.
- Any other duties as requested by HR Coordinator and Field Systems Manager.
- Turkish citizenship.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management and/or Business Administration or any other relevant major.
- At least 1 years of experience in Human resources, administration, or a similar role. Experience in working with INGO is asset.
- Fluent Turkish and English Language skills both written and spoken, knowledge of Arabic an advantage.
- Excellent analytical/problem-solving skills and detail orientation
- Staff management experience and good inter-personnel skills
- Excellent IT Skills
- Enthusiastic and keen to work hard to achieve the objectives of the organization.
- Diplomatic with a strong communication skills
- Demonstrated understanding of and experience with policies, protocols, and procedures of international NGO’s and donor agencies
Proven reporting skills
Advanced skills on Microsoft productivity programmes (i.e. Excel) is desirable.
Creative and open to learn.
Interested? Then apply for this position via clicking on the "apply now" button and fill out the application form. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline is 29 September 2020 .
General terms and conditions
Children and vulnerable adults a must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
Accountability within GOAL
Alongside our safeguarding policy, GOAL is an equal opportunities employer and has a set of integrity policies. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability:
- Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, Code of Conduct, health and safety, data protection and confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behaviour protocols.
- Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area.
- Report any concerns about inappropriate behaviour of a GOAL staff or partner.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.