Programme Assistant (NGO Partnership) G5 - South Area Office VA042-2020
Requisition # 123781
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
From 16 September 2020 to 30 September 2020
Type: Fixed term contract.
Duration: One year.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
To perform specialized and/or standardized policy and programme-related processes and activities to support the effective delivery of assistance packages.
Within delegated authority, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
- Receive, register, and print the invoices submitted by Cooperating partners (CPs).
- Process payment claims of Cooperating partners (CPs) ensuing that nsure the correct exchange rate is used.
- Track payments made to the Cooperating partners (CPs).
- Maintain the payment tracking sheet.
- Perform monthly status report, and flag any issues that require action.
- Perform bi-annual reconciliation of Cooperating partner (CP) payments.
- Liaise closely with the Finance unit in the WFP Country Office on issues related to Cooperating partners (CPs) payments.
- Provide guidance and training to the CPs related to the payment process.
- Make meeting notes and translate documents related to NGO Partnership.
- Work on the preparation of the project proposals submitted, and follow up on the preparation of the Field Level Agreements (FLAs).
- Support the Country Office (CO) on the preparation of the Due Diligence (DD) report for new NGOs willing to engage in implementing WFP programme in the South Area Office's are of operaion.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Expereince: At least four years of progressively responsible work experience in accounting, book keeping, project management, or humanitarian assistance in the related field.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English language and Arabic language.
- Please upload your professional CV in English in PDF format making sure to include the following in terms of “Experience”:
- Company/Organization name and scope of work of the organization
- Exact Position Title
- Contract type: part-time, full-time, volunteer, consultant, or freelancer
- Start and End date of Employment for each position: From (dd/mm/yyyy) to (dd/mm/yyyy)
- Responsibilities: To mention the main responsibilities that highlight your gained skills and experience
- A proof of your experience will be required in the final stage of recruitment.
- Only short-listed candidates, who meet the minimum requirements for the advertised position, shall be contacted.
- Candidates must get an auto confirmation email once application is submitted.
If any of the below links do not work by clicking on it, please copy and paste it in the browser address bar
Female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.