The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Accounting Assistant to work in the Finance Department of CIMMYT.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Conduct a proper record of all related transactions to CIIMYT’s operation.
- Receive and keep track of all accounts payable journals and ensures all accounting records affect the correct ledger accounts and categories depending on the type of expense.
- Perform monthly update of accounts payable balances including cancellation of outstanding transactions.
- Identify those expenses that are subject of V.A.T.’s return and post required transactions.
- Provide support for monthly reconciliation of V.A.T.’s account balance.
- Perform detailed checking of supplier invoices to ensure that all requirements are fulfilled according with Mexican tax law.
- Process payment proposals and expense journals received from the programs in accordance with payments schedule.
- Perform close follow up to payment requests and purchase orders that may be incomplete or with some inconsistency in order to clarify and achieve the payment of all liabilities.
- Create new supplier accounts into Dynamics Ax and sends bank accounts information to treasury department.
- Confirm payment details to suppliers.
- Perform follow up to prepayments to suppliers and review supporting documentation for closing them.
- Send accounts statements of corporate credit cards on a monthly basis.
- Send personal accounts statements to users as well as monthly reports for balance’s control.
- Follow up the personal accounts balances for maintaining proper control according to established policies.
- Provide support to users for proper using of accounts and of Dynamics AX as required.
- Keep track of the file cabinets that contain all the accounting documentation received in the central file, according to the consecutive number assigned by the system.
- Update a database that contains all the information of the existing documentation inside the file room.
- Identify the location of the requested documentation through the archive database.
- Provide support and submit requested information for Funder audits.
- Participate in other related tasks as assigned by his supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- The selected candidate must have a bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Administration or related field.
- At least 1 year of experience in in accounts payable, treasury and general accounting or in similar activities and positions.
- ERP knowledge, it would be a plus having experience with Dynamics 365 and automation processes.
- User Advanced level in the usage of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
- Low-intermediate level of English. English will be tested and candidate should score a minimum of B1 on CEFR.
- The candidate must exhibit self-directed, sense of urgency and commitment to his responsibilities and deadlines
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Customer Orientation, Pro-activity, Relationship Management, Problem-Solving, Communication, Teamwork and Achievement Orientation.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M20158 Accounting Assistant. Screening and follow up will begin on Wednesday, October 7, 2020. For further information on the selection process, please contact Karen Luna (email@example.com).
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.