Investment Operations Specialist / Senior Specialist - Urban
Ref. Number: 20064
Department: Investment Operations Region 1 - Technical Department
Job Type: Global Recruitment
Posting Date: Sep. 30, 2020
Closing Date: Oct. 21, 2020
Investment Operations Specialist/Senior Specialist—Urban
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) was created to help foster social and economic development, create wealth and improve infrastructure connectivity in Asia by investing in sustainable infrastructure and other productive sectors. As a new addition to the global multilateral development bank (MDB) family, AIIB works closely with other multilateral and bilateral institutions as well as the private sector to improve infrastructure by promoting regional cooperation and partnerships. AIIB has 103 members, including 21 prospective members, and has an authorized capital of USD100 billion, of which USD20 billion is paid in. AIIB is a triple A-rated institution.
The Senior Investment Operations Officer—Urban will contribute to AIIB’s lending program by supporting the identification, preparation, implementation and supervision of urban investment projects. The Specialist will be responsible for understanding and responding to the urban challenges and opportunities in Asia including urbanization (demographic shifts and social changes, economic, structural, and spatial transformation), climate change, disaster risk management, sustainable urban development, urban local governance, and technology and innovation, among others. The Specialist will also be required to engage with other departments for issues relating to the sector.
- Lead and manage project teams consisting of various specialists to prepare and deliver high-quality investment projects in an efficient and timely manner.
- Ensure all key technical/economic/financial/fiduciary/social/environmental issues and, if any, cross-sectoral issues, are considered and properly addressed, and that AIIB policy requirements are followed.
- Carry out due diligence and institutional assessments on executing agencies, including implementation capacity assessments of project counterparts.
- Support capacity development in relevant implementing entities to plan, design, construct and operate infrastructure, provide services and address potential social and economic challenges.
- Lead or participate in dialogue and collaboration with clients and development partners on strategic areas/topics such as climate change, disaster risk management, sustainable urban development, municipal services delivery and climate resilient infrastructure, among others.
- Cooperate with cofinanciers on cofinancing projects and lead AIIB teams to conduct necessary due diligence for those projects.
- Manage the business development in specific AIIB members and regions assigned to obtain a healthy pipeline of urban projects.
- Provide quality technical contributions required for urban planning and other urban development-related areas in line with AIIB business needs.
- Minimum relevant work experience of 5-7 years for Specialist, 8-10 years for Senior Specialist in the urban sector, preferably in Asia.
- Substantial international project experience in urban sector, particularly capacity-constrained countries an advantage. Experience in working with multilateral development banks desirable.
- Experience working on or leading teams and or demonstrated potential qualities for leadership.
- Strong organizational and project management skills to perform day-to-day management of a large and complex project portfolio.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills in English, knowledge of a language(s) of a country in which AIIB invests would be an advantage.
- Master's degree, or equivalent, in municipal engineering/science, urban design and planning, environmental engineering, disaster risk management, business management or other related fields.