Workforce Planning Consultant
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance
Workforce Planning Consultant
TYPE OF CONTRACT:
Workforce Planning & Strategy Branch
DUTY STATION (City, Country):
WFP is currently engaged in a Strategic Workforce Planning (SWP) project. The project enables WFP to purposefully plan for, manage and prepare its future workforce to respond effectively to the increasing demands of the organisation within a globally complex environment. The project focuses on partnering with WFP’s management, functional subject matter experts, HR colleagues and an external vendor to implement SWP across the organisation on all levels.
This role supports the design, delivery and monitoring of workforce plans across all functional areas and the alignment and integration of these plans at the Country Office level. The position will significantly contribute to data management and technology aspects of Strategic Workforce Planning initiatives as well as support in the identification of HR solutions to close workforce gaps. The role works in close collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinate and streamline the collection, interpretation and validation of workforce data ensuring that quality standards and data privacy compliance are maintained throughout the process.
- Conduct data analysis to determine workforce needs in line with operational objectives.
- Act as the focal point for the strategic workforce planning software and support the capacity building of HR/functional focal points to effectively enable the project delivery across WFP.
- Support consultation within the team, functional subject-matter experts, HR and regional bureaux, country offices to determine current and future workforce requirements drawing from workforce data analysis and other inputs.
- Support the identification of appropriate workforce and/or talent management solutions to bridge the gaps over short, medium and long-term including costs, timeframes and benefits.
- Help with the preparation of communications materials throughout the project to keep all stakeholders informed of project progress, to request action from stakeholders or to build engagement.
- Monitor and report on project budget utilisation; provide guidance and highlight potential issues e.g. funds shortages and surpluses.
- Other, as required.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- University Degree in Human Resources, Statistics, Economics, Business Administration, Mathematics, Engineering, or other related fields.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in organisational effectiveness, operational management, data analytics and/or human resources with excellent analytical, communication and project management skills
- Track-record in collaborating with multicultural teams
Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, planning and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle ambiguity and change, as well as balance multiple priorities
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to build effective relationships across and outside the organisation
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- High level of organization to compile data from various sources and cope with rapidly changing information
- Knowledge of workforce planning tools and data analytics/visualisation/ reporting technology desirable
- Understanding of data privacy regulations desirable
- Excellent command of English - fluency (level C) in oral and written English is essential.
Terms and Conditions
WFP offers a competitive compensation package that will be determined by the contract type and selected candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Please visit the following websites for detailed information on working with WFP.
http://www.wfp.org Click on: “Our work” and “Countries” to learn more about WFP’s operations.
Deadline for applications: 20 October 2020
Ref.: VA No. 126861
Qualified female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.