South Africa (South Africa)
- South Africa
- Full Time
- Program (Division)
- Information Technology
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org
As a member of the Global Information Technology Team, the Endpoint Engineer will be responsible for providing support to CHAI employees based throughout the world. This position requires a self-starter who is knowledgeable, meticulous, and resourceful to be successful and effective in a fast-moving and entrepreneurial environment. This individual must be excited by the challenge of providing remote support to staff based in over 30 countries, and have the ability to work independently and collaboratively in both a small local team environment and with a globally dispersed team.
This role will be based at a CHAI office in Africa and will report to the IT Manager.
- Develop and integrate patching and software update procedures and policies.
- Work with the CHAI Helpdesk team to track device inventory and perform routine asset management audits and device exchanges and upgrades as needed.
- Respond to requests from business users for support.
- Enforce device policies and procedures.
- Integrate commercial and in-house applications into the endpoint management environment.
- Work with existing CHAI IT team members for installations, deployments, and troubleshooting of new releases as needed.
- Maintain systems integrity and security between multiple existing services.
- Maintain system configuration design documentation.
- Participate in team meetings and provide routine status updates.
- Other responsibilities as needed.
- Hands-on experience in IT Asset Management, IT Customer Support, IT Service Delivery or other IT related fields.
- Relevant work experience and basic knowledge with endpoint management tools such as Manage Engine and Microsoft Intune.
- Hands-on experience with evaluating, recommending, engineering, and formulating test and implementation plans.
- Strong team orientation with a focus on collaboration, an ability to work independently, and a high level of professionalism and quality.
- Strong organizational and customer service skills with attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; interpersonal and collaborative skills; with the ability to effectively relate and communicate at all levels.
- Experience collaborating with a global team spread out across multiple continents.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent plus 5 years work experience; or Advanced degree or equivalent plus 2 year work experience; or equivalent total work experience