Analyst, Essential Medicines
Analyst, Essential Medicines
- Full Time
- Program (Division)
- Country Programs - India
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org
CHAI, in partnership with its India affiliate William J Clinton Foundation (WJCF), works in close partnership with and under the guidance of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) at the Central and States’ levels on an array of high priority initiatives aimed at improving health outcomes. Currently CHAI/WJCF works across projects to expand access to quality care and treatment for HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis-C, tuberculosis, cancer and immunization.
Background on Essential Medicines Program:
CHAI’s Essential Medicines program is an effort to scale-up access to treatment for Pneumonia & Diarrhea, which combined, kills over 1.5 million children every year. Working with the governments of five-high-burden countries (India, Kenya, Uganda, Ethiopia and Nigeria) and leading global institutions, CHAI is supporting intensified efforts at both global and country levels to plan, resource, and implement effective interventions for scaling-up access to treatment for these conditions. This is achieved by supporting Governments’ effort in improving access to oxygen and anti-biotics for pneumonia, and, zinc and ORS for diarrhoea.
In India, CHAI, in partnership with its affiliate William J Clinton Foundation, is building on its work on supporting efforts to reduce mortality among children below 5 years of age in Madhya Pradesh (MP), which accounts for approximately one eighth of total pneumonia mortality in the country. Appropriate pneumonia treatment and care is constrained by primary dependence in rural areas on informal providers, who lack appropriate training and knowledge as also supply chain inefficiencies that hamper availability of essential medicines and commodities. Further, knowledge and skills gaps at mid-tier public health facilities lead to inconsistent and inaccurate pneumonia classification and higher burden on higher level healthcare facilities.
To overcome these challenges, CHAI/WJCF has been working with government to draft a comprehensive strategy to significantly improve treatment and care and, therefore, outcomes for children suffering from pneumonia. To that end, the program imparts skill-based training for providers at public health facilities, supports measures to improve quantification, procurement and distribution of essential medicines, helps mentor staff at various aspects of oxygen administration and supports improvements in availability of pulse-oximeters for increased hypoxemia screening. At the national level, the program has supported efforts in launching the revised Pneumonia Operational Guidelines and has supported the “Social Awareness and Action plan to Neutralise Pneumonia from Society” (SAANS) campaign to intensify action for reducing mortality due to childhood pneumonia.
The Essential Medicines program is looking for a highly motivated professional for the position of Analyst who will work closely with the Program Manager on project strategy and execution. The role entails working with an entrepreneurial mind-set and self-motivation. The candidate must be able to function independently, be flexible, and have strong commitment to excellence. We are looking for dynamic and exceptional talent looking to work in challenging environment. Demonstrated application of analytical skills and problem solving in complex environments would be essential. Previous exposure to strategy projects and working on outputs for senior leadership, especially with the government, would help bolster the application. This position will report to the Program Manager, Essential Medicines (EM) program.
- Manage the overall analytics, data-systems and insight generation. Coordinate with internal stakeholders/team members to ensure timely delivery of the same
- Work with state teams to monitor project achievements and address any issues/impediments earnestly.
- Closely coordinate within the state and country teams to monitor and review the performance of the public sector field force.
- Develop a dashboard framework for monitoring the overall performance of the project
- Develop reports and presentation decks for sensitizing internal and external stakeholders about the projects/ programs
- Effectively coordinate with the internal and external stakeholders to ensure timely delivery and progress on project Operational Plan
- Support the Monitoring and evaluation team (M&E) internal and global team on the planning, implementation and evaluation of midline/end line surveys
- Support CHAI's strategy for increased access by identifying areas with significant market and policy impact
- Work with various stakeholders towards identifying potential opportunities in piloting innovative programs and global best practices in India
- Undertake any other duties as requested by the Program Manager or Country/State Director
- Master’s/Bachelor’s degree in management, economics, engineering, computer science, statistics, operations research economics or allied areas
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in private or public sector enterprise; in consulting, investment banking or insurance analytics
- Excellent quantitative, problem solving, analytical and statistical analysis skills and experience of handling big datasets through use of software such as SQL, Oracle
- Exposure to data visualisation tools such as TABLEAU/POWER BI, etc. will be an added advantage
- Excellent knowledge of program implementation, trainings, monitoring and evaluation methods (qualitative and quantitative), including experience of developing trainings and monitoring and evaluation plans, tools, training materials, reports and summary forms
- Ability to develop new and manage existing relationships with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and effectively in high-pressure, fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Experience structuring and leading evidence-based decision-making processes
- Excellent structured oral and written communication ability