JOB TITLE: Technical Associate
REPORTS TO: Senior Learning Specialist
TEAMS: Network Operations Unit, Communications Unit
LOCATION: Remote-based or Stockholm, Sweden
START DATE: January 2021 or sooner (2-year contract)
The Global Water Partnership (GWP) is a multi-stakeholder action network dedicated to working with countries towards the equitable, sustainable, and efficient management of water resources. We comprise 3,000+ partner organisations in over 180 countries. Our network of 65+ Country Water Partnerships and 13 Regional Water Partnerships convenes and brokers coordinated action by government and non-government actors. A long-time advocate for integrated water resources management (IWRM), we draw on implementation experience at the local level and link it across our network and to global development. Our global secretariat – Global Water Partnership Organisation (GWPO) – is an intergovernmental organisation located in Stockholm, Sweden. www.gwp.org.
SCOPE OF THE POSITION
In 2020, the world was hit by the COVID-19 pandemic. GWP, a globally dispersed network, already had considerable experience working in the virtual world, but the pandemic forced it to become even more so – both its global office in Stockholm as well as its regional and country offices.
This position supports a wide range of existing and new initiatives which require a variety of technical skills:
- the management and execution of virtual meetings and events held at global and regional level;
- implementation of enhancements to GWP’s collaboration and knowledge platforms on SharePoint and Microsoft Teams as well as the GWP IWRM ToolBox (to be re-launched in 2021) and a new Business Processes Management System (also to be launched in 2021.)
DUTIES AND TASKS
Working in virtual environments (WiVE)
- Support planning and use of virtual events tools, technologies, and techniques to facilitate sharing of ideas and knowledge among internal teams and external partners.
- Be responsive to inquiries from GWP staff in their virtual work or delivery: provide advice, suggest follow up actions, recommend alternative approaches, highlight areas of concern.
- Support GWPO and Regional Water Partnerships (RWPs) in organizing global and regional virtual events, including providing training as required.
- Regularly update the repository of tools and platforms for virtual work and delivery.
- Assist in reviewing, jointly with the GWP staff, the outcomes of the specific activity from the perspective of virtual work. Identify strengths and weaknesses, review the functioning of the specific tools used, help elaborate a set of recommendations and lessons learnt.
- Consult with external providers on specific activities and assess the value of their involvement, in agreement with the Senior Learning Specialist and the IT Specialist.
Collaboration and knowledge platforms
- Support the maintenance, administration, and development of GWP’s SharePoint and Teams site so that the platforms are well-managed, attractive, dynamic, timely, and applicable to the needs of multiple stakeholders, engaging users at global and regional level.
- In connection with the Office 365 platform, support GWP’s data management approach, working with GWPO’s Units to ensure ease-of-use and that knowledge/information is easily accessible.
- Support the implementation of GWP’s Business Process Management System.
- Support the implementation of GWP’s ‘re-vitalised’ IWRM ToolBox, currently Episerver Content Management System (same as GWP website), from design through communication, mobilization of new entry-processes.
- Support GWPO staff in events such as the GWP Network Meeting, the GWP Regional days, etc., and support the learning agenda more broadly.
- Support the implementation of the GWP Strengthening Regional Operations and Network Growth (StRONG) program: work closely with the Senior Learning Specialist and the Technical Coordinator for StRONG to design, implement, and embed a network strengthening and improved learning and knowledge management architecture in GWP.
- Carry out related duties as required such as administrative tasks.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Relevant university degree(s), e.g., in information technology, computer science, communications, engineering.
- At least 4 years of experience in use of online and ICT tools, specifically knowledge and experience with Microsoft’s Office365, including SharePoint and Teams.
- Computer skills, including internet navigation and an ability to acquire web editing skills
- Use of Zoom, Miro, PollEv, and/or similar types of online engagement tools.
- A good eye for visuals and basic design fundamentals related to online platforms (e.g., websites) as well as social media and online/virtual interaction platforms.
- Experience in a multicultural and/or international work environment.
- Curiosity, technical agility, and excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience in knowledge management technologies, digital platforms, and tools. This would include the ability to explain to others in clear “how to” language.
- Ability to coordinate and manage multiple tasks.
- Fluency in English is a requirement, other languages, particularly French and Spanish, are an advantage.
- Professionalism: Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity. Pro-active, solutions- and service-oriented work style. Ability to work in a multi-cultural and international environment based on mutual respect and tolerance. Ability to exercise good judgement, discretion, and tact in handling sensitive issues.
- Planning and Organising: Excellent organisational and project management skills, with appropriate attention to details and ability to prioritise work among multiple competing demands, and under tight deadlines. Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment where adaptability is essential.
- E-literacy: Excellent e-skills, including the ability to use modern technology and related software. Practical knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software is required. Ability to do internet research, compile information and find solutions online is essential.
- Teamwork: Support colleagues, contribute to team culture, and share responsibility for decision-making and results. Places team agenda before personal agenda. Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility.
- Personal: A good sense of humour. Love for nature, its beauty, and its resources.
- Professionals with a background from and/or living and working in Asian, African, Eastern European, Latin American, or Middle Eastern countries are encouraged to apply.
- GWP offers competitive remuneration as well as an attractive work environment, with flat hierarchies and agile decision-making, and with great opportunities for professional exposure and growth.
- This contract is offered for 2 years. The appointment may be made at a lower grade based on the qualifications and professional experience of the selected applicant.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted within 4-6 weeks after the application deadline.
- Applications are accepted in English only and through the online application system and not via email: https://gwp.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=37
- Strictly 2-page CV maximum and 1-page cover letter a must.
Questions can be directed to email@example.com
Deadline: 06 December 2020 – 00:00 (midnight) Stockholm CET