Junior Expert MEAL and Data Management
Are you aiming to work for an organization where it is worthwhile investing your personality, your skills and your time? Are you looking for a job that is exciting and has clear goals? Welcome to Welthungerhilfe!
We are one of the largest and most respected private organisations for development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. As a politically and confessionally independent organisation, our value-oriented actions are always based on ethical principles. Our vision is clear: "Zero Hunger by 2030" - If you want to become part of our global mission to end hunger around the world, we look forward to receiving your application as:
Junior Expert MEAL and Data Management*
The position is to be filled by February 15, 2021, with a contract duration of two years. Employment location for the first 12 months will be Bonn, Germany. During the second twelve months you will be supporting other Units and Countries in Bonn and abroad in your field of expertise.
As Junior Expert MEAL (Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning) and Data Management in our Sector Unit, you will provide direct support to colleagues in Germany and abroad, particularly in the areas of digital tools of data collection, data management and the analysis and use of data. This includes participation in consultancy assignments and capacity development, the development and consolidation of data processes, and the institutionalisation of learning experiences.
- Systemizing and developing support services in the field of data collection and data management
- Validating and verifying data by consulting stakeholders, holding webinars, and developing process descriptions
- Supporting in creating questionnaires for surveys/assessments
- Supporting in the evaluation and preparation of data (qualitative and quantitative data) from various digital systems (e.g. mobile data collection, information management system)
- A university or polytechnic degree in a relevant subject area
- Knowledge of monitoring, communication, data collection, data analysis, data management, and methods of empirical social research
- Experience and knowledge in working with digital data processing and analysis tools (e.g. mobile data collection, tools for data visualisation / BI tools)
- Knowledge of the design and use of databases would be desirable
- Ability to work in an intercultural environment and to coordinate with colleagues from other countries and cultures
- Willingness to travel to areas with volatile conditions
- Very good command of spoken and written English and German, knowledge of French desirable
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. This includes flexible working hours as well as working from home. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under "Our benefits".
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by December 6, 2020. Your contact person is Ina Stepka.
*Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.