Corporate Security Senior Specialist
Korea (Korea (Republic of))
Corporate Security Senior Specialist
Date: Nov 29, 2020
Location: Korea (KOR), KR
Company: Green Climate Fund
Grade: IS - 5
Deadline: 28 December 2020 (11:59 PM KST)
Location: Songdo, Incheon, South Korea
Entry Salary: USD 128,600
The mission of the Green Climate Fund is to assist developing countries to respond to climate change while bringing prosperity to their peoples.
Established in 2010, the GCF invests in transformational climate projects in the developing world. The Fund makes an ambitious contribution to global climate action and channels significant financial resources into developing countries to help build low-emission and climate-resilient societies. It is country-driven and undertakes actions that reflect the circumstances of each country concerned and its national aspirations. The GCF is a key enabler of the 2015 Paris Agreement on Climate Change.
Since its establishment, the GCF has approved 111 projects in 99 countries and has committed USD 5.0 billion in climate finance. In addition, it has built up an extensive program to support developing countries to identify their needs, in particular, those who are most vulnerable to climate change impacts.
The GCF’s diverse workforce is advancing its mission from its headquarters in South Korea. Our talented staff makes unique contributions to the Fund, enriching the institution through their combined expertise and professional commitment.
The Corporate Security Senior Specialist, reporting to CFO and Director of Support Services, is responsible for the strategy and the development and oversight of policies and programmes to mitigate security risk to personnel, physical and digital assets. S/he will ensure continual evolution of the programs, by providing comprehensive physical security, risk management, and workplace safety program, taking into consideration industry changes and best practices and development of new risks to GCF, in order to enhance and improve corporate security. S/he will also be responsible for business continuity, disaster recovery, and emergency management and will work closely with division heads to ensure ongoing management of these programs.
Duties and responsibilities
- Lead the development of strategy, policy, risk assessments, and other tools to enable consistent, effective security practices that minimizes or mitigates risk and conversely, enhances security of personnel and assets (physical and digital);
- S/he will stay abreast of current technology developments as it relates to physical, environmental, and cybersecurity risks and protection, and industry best practices/developments;
- Evaluate security trends, evolving threats, risk and vulnerabilities and applies tools to mitigate risks as necessary, in collaboration with affected divisions.
- Initiates, facilitates, and promotes activities to foster security awareness within the organization;
- Develop a protocol to ensure timely and efficient communication to senior management of critical and ongoing developments;
- Present to Senior Management and Board on relevant topics and consultations;
- Collaborate with all divisions for security-related matters, including data security;
- Represent GCF and actively participate as part of the international organization network of CSOs and coordinate/collaborate as needed;
- Work in close coordination/provide direction to ICT/GST in security-related matters.
- Implementing and overseeing strategies to assess and mitigate risk, safeguarding personnel and its assets (physical and digital), crisis management;
- Develop, implement, and maintain security protocols and procedures, identifying and reducing risks, limiting liability and exposure to informational, physical, and financial risk;
- Establish policies and protocol, including testing, controls, ongoing monitoring, and reporting. Ensure the adherence of as well as continual updates to reflect best practices and/or industry and legislative developments;
- Work in close coordination with OHR, the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) and General Services (GST) teams to ensure seamless execution of relevant policies and programs;
- Responsible for maintenance and testing of emergency management plans including the Business Continuity Plan, Emergency Evacuation Plan, Disaster Recovery Plan. Work with audit to ensure appropriate controls are in place;
- Ensure organizational adherence to administrative, technical and physical safeguards;
- Manage relationships with local agencies, authorities, and other international organizations in maintaining safety of GCF personnel.
Required experience and qualifications*
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in security management, psychology, criminal justice, law, international relations, cybersecurity/information technology or a related field is required. A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree;
- A minimum of 11 years of progressively responsible experience in security, cybersecurity, risk, disaster or emergency management in the public or private service areas, such as national security, military or police, or in a corporate environment is required, of which 5 years should have been in leadership roles;
- Experience with security-related contingency planning and crisis management is desirable;
- 2 years of international experience is an added advantage;
- Excellent communication, persuasion, and public speaking skills;
- Fluency in English and Korean is essential; knowledge of another United Nations language is an advantage;
- Demonstrated skills in collaboration, problem-solving to achieve goals, and comfortable working in a matrix organization.
*The person assessed by the Selection Panel as most suitable for the position will be proposed for appointment. Selection among short-listed candidates will also take into account performance at interview, appropriate testing, and references. Applications from women and nationals of developing countries are strongly encouraged.