Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.Description of task
Under the primary supervision of the Accelerator Lab Head and in close collaboration with WFP Head of Programme, the Communications Associate will carry out the following tasks:
- Provide end-to-end communications and outreach support for Accelerator Lab Team
- Prepare and produce e-newsletter/bulletins on the work of the lab and other lab related activities.
- Manage the production of videos, flyers, social media posts/campaigns as and when requested by the team
- Assist in maintaining external and internal digital communication platforms such as the UNDP country team website, official UNDP country team social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, etc.), Intranet and on-line collaboration platforms, etc.
- Updating the UNDP website, recommend design and language edits
- Prepare a comprehensive outreach and communications content for the Accelerator Lab Eswatini team for the year
- Participate in the development and the implementation of a digital content and contribute to the development of key communications and advocacy products
- Prepare official briefing materials, talking points, speeches, statements, op-eds and presentations as assigned
- Provide support to the team for organizing outreach events and expert consultation workshops
- Running informative and engaging social media campaigns and conversations
- Work together with graphic designer in producing engagement material, such as article-writing, blogs, event adverts, video-editing, photography, and other areas.
- Prepare official briefing materials, talking points, speeches, statements, op-eds and presentations as assigned.
- Implement country specific communication work plans designed to maintain and enhance the visibility and reputation of WFP, as well as support fundraising activities, ensuring alignment with overall communications and WFP strategies.
- Maintain a contact list of journalists and media outlets and support the flow of news/information about WFP’s work to the media, in order to support regular and appropriate communications.
- Generate donor specific visibility content including, text, photos, videos and audio for use across a range of integrated online platforms, in order to support global and country fund-raising activities, ensuring consistency with corporate messages.
- Guide and supervise more junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with more complex analysis and queries.
- Collate outreach data contribute to the preparation of accurate and timely reports, Support communications activities that enable informed decision making and ensures consistency of information presented to the media and other stakeholders.
- Liaise and interact with WFP staff and external counterparts to support aligned activities and a coherent approach to communications within WFP.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to support WFP to quickly respond and deploy food and needed resources.
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant area, e.g. Journalism and Communications, Public Administration or area related to CommunicationsRequired experience: 48 Months Experience remark:
- 2 years of experience in the development sector
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and proven ability to work in a multicultural setting;
- Experience in handling conferences and other large events
- An understanding of preparing outreach strategy and experience in handling vendors such as creative agencies
- Strong writing skills, both formal (for preparing official letters) and informal (engaging social media outreach posts to gather participation)
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Siswati(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- At least 2 years of professional work experience at the national level in Communications, administration or other relevant programmes; experience with any development entity is an asset, as is experience working in the UN or other international development organization;
- Excellent oral and written skills; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills, communications content designing;
- Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members, religious and youth organizations, and authorities at different levels; familiarity with tools and approaches of communications for development;
- Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel;
- Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet; familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment;
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines;
- Have affinity with or interest in development work, community development, innovation, volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System.
Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Communication, Creativity, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Self-Management, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call for to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 13-12-2020