Senior Compensation and HR Data Analyst
Arlington (United States of America)
This role uses a strong foundation in compensation and data analytics to advance Compensation initiatives and HR data insights. The Analyst will assist the Compensation Manager in developing, analyzing, implementing, and optimizing the organization’s global compensation programs. She or he will manage compensation data and processes in Workday -- ensuring data accuracy, creating reports and dashboards, and configuring the system to meet business needs. The role also supports data-driven decision making across HR by conducting research and using analytics to communicate trends and business insights.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
General Compensation Support (40%)
Support the development, administration, and communication of the organization’s global compensation programs. Standard responsibilities include, but are not limited to, job evaluation, market pricing, developing/maintaining salary structures, and administering the annual compensation review process.
Independently oversee or assist in the management of projects or processes such as survey participation and analysis, spot bonus recognition program, annual focal point compensation process, and internal promotions and salary adjustment cycles.
Participate in compensation surveys. Compile and analyze survey data to provide recommendations regarding the competitiveness of compensation.
Evaluate compensation for MSH positions to ensure external competitiveness and internal equity. Conducts cyclical pay reviews and analyses.
Help to ensure proper job classification and compliance with regulatory statutes related to compensation practices.
Provide guidance and recommendations to managers, HR Partners, and Talent Acquisition regarding compensation matters.
Provide training and develop communications to improve the organization’s understanding of compensation.
Compensation HRIS Data Management (25%)
Collaborate with the HRIS team to manage all compensation data and processes in Workday.
Enhance the performance of Workday for the compensation function. Help to improve data accuracy, create reports and dashboards, develop business processes and configure the system to meet business needs.
Implement changes and enhancements, troubleshoot, and perform systems testing.
HR Data Analytics (30%)
Provide support to the HR function in the areas of people metrics, reporting, and analytics.
Use data analysis to inform business decisions, operations, processes, or programs. Conduct research and provide HR analytics to communicate business insights.
Provide recommendations regarding key HR metrics and reporting to enhance the organization's HR analytical capabilities.
Apply knowledge of a broad range of people-related topics such as talent acquisition, performance, learning, talent development, diversity, compensation, and retention to help diagnose and identify HR challenges.
Clearly communicate findings to all levels in the organization, verbally or via presentations, graphs, infographics, or other methods.
Other Duties (5%)
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required: Bachelor's degree
Required: 4 years of experience in Compensation and/or in HR analytics
Preferred: At least 2 years of direct Compensation experience
Knowledge and Skills
- Working knowledge of compensation practices, principles, and regulatory topics. General knowledge of HR fundamentals as a discipline.
- Proven track of working with Excel (formulas, pivot tables, charts, and lookups), preparing/analyzing data, and providing data insights. Experience with reporting and data analysis techniques.
- Fundamental knowledge of statistics
- Experience developing dashboards and using data visualization tools preferred
- Experience with HRIS reporting and systems configuration, preferably using Workday
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to explain technical information to employees at all levels
- Must have the flexibility to work hours to meet a global employee base.
- Excellent analytic ability with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Creative problem-solver
- Strong project management and coordination skills.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and a desire to constantly seek improvements.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality when communicating or handling sensitive employee information.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple activities at once
- Must be able to discover/anticipate issues or concerns that may arise.
- Demonstrates intellectual curiosity and the ability to proactively research, assess, and seek solutions to problems.
- Demonstrates sound judgment concerning the interpretation of company policies and procedures.