International expert on guidelines development and establishment of competence center in VET
The Government of Azerbaijan has recognized the importance of developing the VET system in the “Strategic Roadmap for Vocational Education and Training,” “Strategic Roadmap on SME development” (approved in 2016) and many other government programmes. The general objective of these policy documents is to reform Azerbaijan’s VET system and lead to better results through improvements in infrastructure, educational content, professional capacity, recognition of prior learning, internal quality assurance and social partnerships (including public-private partnerships).
The EU funded UNDP implemented project “VET for the future: Development of VET providers’ excellence in Azerbaijan” is intended to support the modernization of VET institutions in Azerbaijan to deliver competence-based training in order to increase the attractiveness and labour market relevance of VET. Project activities will be piloted in seven VET schools/centers (four in Baku and three in the regions - Ganja, Jalilabad and Sheki). The selected regions are a top priority for the Ministry of Education, especially for State Agency on VE and have been selected based on factors such as labor market relevance, priority sectors for country development, private sector interest and the existence of required infrastructure. The project’s main target groups will be youth, adults, internally displaced persons, professional, administrative and management staff of the center and unemployed men and women. The project is also expected to increase public awareness, change occupational stereotypes, improve inclusivity and support for people with disabilities and attract more women to VET. The best practices derived through this project in the targeted locations with be later further replicated in other regions.
It has become obvious to make the training profession better recognized on the labor market. One of the ways to ensure the relevance and quality of training supported by public funding was to ensure that it is delivered by qualified trainers, so some countries worked to develop mechanisms to assess and certify trainer competences. By addressing the trainers in continuing training, these mechanisms contribute to raising the professional status of, and expanding professional development opportunities for trainers in continuing VET, including trainers in enterprises.
The project will support SAVE with the establishment of Competency Center for teacher trainings in the Baku State Vocational Education Center on Industry and Innovations.
Duties and Responsibilities
It is expected international expert will responsible for following deliverables:
- Organization of study tour to study international practices for the establishment of the Competency Center for teacher training in the “Baku State Vocational Education Center on Industry and Innovations”
NOTE: Implementation of this activity mainly depends on coronavirus and the politics of a new lockdown. Therefore, it can be even postponed to 2022.
- Development concept and guidelines to establish Competence Center for Teacher Training
- Development of concept for teacher training in TVET in Azerbaijan (in the base of existing situation and development goals in Azerbaijan)
- Development of training programme for new teachers and provide at least two trainings programme
- Preparation of four training webinars for teachers and administrative staff
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling the UN’s values and ethical standards;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Good problem-solving skill required;
- Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to work efficiently in a team, and reporting;
Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
Required Skills and Experience
- At least master degree in Education, Economy, public policy or in social science.
- 7 years working experience in Vocational Education and Training or private sector engagement
- 3 years working experience as international expert in EU other donor funded projects
- Excellent English written and communication skills, with analytic capacity and ability to synthesize relevant collected data and findings for the preparation of quality analysis for the project proposal;
- Sharing knowledge and experience, communicating ideas and managing information flow
- Good ability in partnering and networking
- Outstanding time management and organizational skills
Individual consultants will be evaluated based on the following methodologies:
- Cumulative evaluation that takes into account both financial offer and the technical expertise of the potential candidates
A two-stage procedure will be utilized in evaluating the proposals, with evaluation of the technical component being completed prior to any price component being reviewed and compared. The Price Component will be reviewed only for those individuals whose Technical Component meets the requirements for the assignment. The total number of points which individual may obtain for both components is 100.
The technical component, which has a total possible value of 70 points, will be evaluated using the following criteria:
- At least master degree in Education, Economy, public policy or in social science; (10 points)
- 7 years working experience in Vocational Education and Training or private sector engagement; (20 points)
- 3 years working experience as international expert in EU other donor funded projects (10 points)
- Work approach; (30 points)
If the substantive presentation of a technical proposal achieves the minimum of 49 points, the competitiveness of the offered consultancy expenses will be taken into account in the following manner:
The total amount of points for the fees component is 30. The maximum number of points shall be allotted to the lowest fees proposed that is compared among those invited individuals which obtain the threshold points in the evaluation of the technical proposal. All other proposals shall receive points in inverse proportion to the lowest fees; e.g;
[30 Points] x [US$ lowest]/[US$ other] = points for other proposer’s fees
Note: Having reviewed applications received, UNDP will invite the top 3 shortlisted candidates for an interview.
The assignment will be a combination of field and home-based works.
The Expert should undertake at 3 missions to Baku within assignment. He/She will report to the Project management unit and UNDP CO Azerbaijan. The payment will be a lump-sum payment inclusive of consultancy fee, DSAs for in-country full consultancy days, round-trip tickets and concomitant terminal expenses.
The consultant should take into consideration the DSA rates in the country based on UNDP rules (141 USD in Baku and 96 USD to the regions).
Interested candidates, along with their technical proposal, will have to submit their financial proposal by taking into account those expected travels, and showing in their financial proposals breakdown of financial expenses for consultancy fee.
The system accepts only one attachment, so please, send both technical and financial proposals as one attachment.