Marketing and Outreach Specialist
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and nationality
People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
The Business Development and Resource Mobilization Division (PSR) leads and coordinates the mobilization of voluntary
contributions in support of the Organization’s strategic priorities. PSR manages FAO’s relations with resource partners, strategically
matching partners’ interests to those of the Organization, and supports the negotiation of agreements. It mounts marketing campaigns around global concerns, provides market and business intelligence and positioning services to management as well as resource mobilization capacity development opportunities to decentralized and headquarter offices. PSR also oversees global programme and project reporting to resource partners. It strives to assure the highest quality of development results, through providing project cycle oversight and support, and policy design for operational modalities and outsourcing.
The consultant will report and work under the overall supervision of the Marketing, Outreach and Reporting Head of Unit, PSRR.
Resource partnership relations and negotiations, marketing and outreach strategies.
Tasks and responsibilities
The consultant will be asked to perform a selection of the following tasks and responsibilities, depending on the level of the post:
- Develop and coordinate Resource Mobilization (RM) marketing strategies in support of FAO Strategic Programmes (SPs) and management direction in coordination with the Office for Corporate Communication (OCC), Strategic Programmes, and other relevant departments.
- Plan and execute outreach campaigns and strategies in RM in coordination with the Business Development Task Force;
- Conceptualize and organize resource partner meetings and events;
- Develop resource partner-specific marketing and outreach strategies and products in coordination with OCC and other relevant FAO offices and divisions.
- Produce resource mobilization and marketing oriented donor specific and resource mobilization reports;
- Support digital marketing services, including newsletter, events, social media, and web-based outreach activities;
- Deliver RM-related capacity-building strategies and activities;
- Support outreach campaigns ensuring constant dissemination of RM related content and PSR activities in general;
- Perform other related duties, as requested.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Advanced university degree in development studies, political science, economics, public policy, international relations,
business administration, marketing, communications or another relevant to the work of the organisation.
- At least one year (category C) and five years (category B) of relevant experience in analysis and research of the politic and
economic environment, or marketing, outreach, advocacy and/or strategy planning.
- Working knowledge of English, French or Spanish and limited knowledge of one of the other two or Arabic, Chinese,
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly field location is desirable.
- Knowledge of the United Nations, the overall multilateral system and resource mobilization issues.
- Work experience with digital platforms and outreach tools. .
- Extent and relevance of experience in drafting papers of interest.
- Familiarity with graphic design programs (InDesign, Illustrator, and Adobe) will be valued.
- Demonstrated analytical skills.
- Drafting skills in English.
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency