Consultant - Partnership specialist
The UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security. Placing women’s rights at the center of all its efforts, the UN Women will lead and coordinate United Nations system efforts to ensure that commitments on gender equality and gender mainstreaming translate into action throughout the world. It will provide strong and coherent leadership in support of Member States’ priorities and efforts, building effective partnerships with civil society and other relevant actors.
The UAE Liaison Office for the GCC was inaugurated in 2016 to focus on 3 areas in terms of its mandate. These include advocacy for UN Women to drive its global mandate, resource mobilization for UN Women programs globally and coordination of partnerships to drive the work and strategic priorities of UN Women in the GCC region. The office acts as a liaison between UN Women globally and stakeholders in the GCC from the private sector, government, academia and non-profits.Reporting to the Director of the UAE Liaison Office, the Partnerships Specialist will provide technical support to the development and management of UN Women’s strategic partnerships and relationships, and resource mobilization strategy. The incumbent will work under the supervision of the Director in the Abu Dhabi LO in close collaboration with the Resource Mobilization Branch at UN Women Headquarters and the Arab States Regional Office.
UN Women for the GCC is working to collect data to strengthen existing relationships with donors/partners and to initiate new engagements. Therefore; UN Women LO for the GCC seeks to hire a consultant to support the office efforts in donor scoping and engagement. The consultant will, under the supervision of the Director and in close coordination with the Programme Specialist primarily work with development partners, private sectors, and non-state actors in order to advance this agenda.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the finalization of the donor mapping and the office resource mobilization strategy for GCC.
- Identify opportunities to secure resources from partners.
- Provide technical and operational support to the management of the UAE National Chapter of the Unstereotype Alliance and liaising with private sector partners and UN Women HQ.
- Provide regular updates on donor profiles, databases (e.g. contacts management) and donor intelligence.
- In adherence with UN Women Communications policies, and in collaboration with HQ Communications Section, contribute to communication activities to increase UN Women visibility in the GCC region in relevant UN Women online platforms and other social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat, Google+, Instagram, LinkedIn).
- Contribute to the design of technical proposals/programmes and/or review programme/project proposals and activity reports in accordance with UN Women requirements and procedures.
- Coordinate closely with the UN Women Strategic Partnership Division as relevant to all resource mobilization activities.
- Support mobilizing and engaging partners in the Generation Equality Forum, as well as ensuring their active engagement and contribution in the design and implementation of advocacy events and initiatives related to the generation equality forum.
- Monthly reports on progress made against the tasks and responsibilities of the TOR
- Upon receipt of the deliverables and prior to the payment of the installment, the deliverables, related reports and documents will be reviewed and approved by UN Women within one week of submission.
Payment will be disbursed on a monthly basis upon satisfactory satisfactorily performance and receipt of the deliverables.
This is a home-based assignment with no travel need is foreseen. However, if there emerges any travel need, UN Women LO for the GCC will organize the logistics of the travel and pay daily substance allowance and terminal fee as per the travel policies set by UN Women. The taxi fees for attending the meetings are under the responsibility of the Consultant.
Core Values/Guiding Principles Integrity:
- Demonstrate consistency in upholding and promoting the values of UN in actions and decisions, in line with the UN Code of Conduct.
- Demonstrate professional competence and expert knowledge of the pertinent substantive areas of work.
Cultural sensitivity and valuing diversity:
- Demonstrate an appreciation of the multicultural nature of the organization and the diversity of its staff,
- Demonstrate an international outlook, appreciating difference in values and learning from cultural diversity.
- Demonstrates strong writing skills, particularly the ability to present persuasive, coherent and well-founded arguments,
- Has ability to write in a style that is accessible to a broad audience of policymakers, academics and activists.
- Reliably takes action to honor commitments; takes international outlook in decision-making.
- Possesses good grasp of development policy issues,
- Demonstrates analytical rigor, intellectual creativity and contributes original ideas,
- Maintains open-minded attitude towards new ideas.
Working in teams:
- Contributes to team spirit, inspires, and motivates staff and colleagues at all levels,
- Demonstrates willingness to integrate ideas of others into own thinking,
- Remains composed under stress,
- Manages moods and creates positive attitude in the team even in times of crisis.
Results Orientation in Process:
- Demonstrates drive to achieve results in timely manner and to seek and find solutions to any problems encountered,
- Makes efficient use of available resources,
- Demonstrates ability to multitask.
- Has ability to communicate clearly and persuasively,
- Demonstrates ability to build consensus and expresses own ideas openly and frankly without jeopardizing rapport with colleagues.
Innovation and marketing of new approaches:
- Generates new ideas, seeks new approaches and introduces and promotes them in the workplace.
- Ability to identify opportunities and builds strong relationships with client and external actors.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree or equivalent in economics, business management, social sciences, public administration, international relations, communications, women's studies, or a related field is required.
- A first-level university degree in combination with 2 additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- At least 7 years of related work experience.
- Strong networking capabilities.
- Proven experience in women’s rights, gender equality and women’s empowerment.
- Demonstrated understanding of national aid environment and trends
- Strong research, writing and copyediting skills; ability to convey technical and complex concepts for a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills suitable for collaborating with multiple stakeholders.
- Experience with donor relations/resource mobilization.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Arabic.
Submission of application:
Interested candidates are requested to submit electronic application by the deadline indicated in the post by submitting the following:
- Letter of Interest containing the statement on candidate's experience in the field of recruitment.
- All applications must include (as an attachment) the completed UN Women Personal History form (P-11) which can be downloaded from P11 form. Kindly note that the system will only allow one attachment. Applications without the completed UN Women P-11 form will be treated as incomplete and will not be considered for further assessment.
- Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.