INEE Consultant - TICC COVID-19 Resources & Guidance
Multiple locations (Multiple locations)
Background of the Project:
INEE has responded to the COVID-19 pandemic through a variety of actions designed to support its members and partners in mitigating the effects of the crisis for children and youth already affected by emergencies. INEE recognizes the important role that teachers play during and after the COVID-19 pandemic in education programming. Not only do teachers serve as conduits to ensure the wellbeing and academic achievement of children and youth, but they are also members of the education community with their own specific psychosocial and safety needs. Therefore, as part of its COVID-19 response, the INEE Teachers in Crisis Contexts (TICC) Collaborative will organize and add to its existing collection of teacher support resources, quality assure remote delivery adaptations of its Teachings in Crisis Training Pack, and publish Technical Guidance for how to support teachers during the pandemic.
Who we are:
The Inter-agency Network for Education in Emergencies (INEE) is an open global network of more than 17,500 members who work together within a humanitarian and development framework to ensure all persons the right to quality and safe education in emergencies and post-crisis recovery. The network improves communication and coordination among its members by cultivating and facilitating collaborative relationships and creating opportunities and space for sharing knowledge, developing resources, informing policy, building capacity, and undertaking joint advocacy. Find out more at inee.org
The Teachers in Crisis Contexts Collaborative (TiCC) was founded in April 2014 as an inter-agency effort to provide more and better support to teachers in crisis settings. Members of the group work together to identify problem areas in teacher management, development and support in crisis contexts and propose and provide inter-agency open-source solutions. The work of TiCC builds on INEE’s long-standing commitment to working with and for teachers in crisis settings.
Scope of Work:
The consultant will assist the INEE TICC Collaborative to review and organize existing and new resources related to supporting teachers in emergency contexts, as it relates to the COVID-19 pandemic. The consultant will also finalize the vetting and publication of adapted virtual TICC Teacher Training Packs.
The consultant will be supervised by the INEE Capacity Building Coordinator in close collaboration with members of the INEE TICC Collaborative and coordination with relevant INEE staff. The consultant will need to collaborate with other INEE initiatives (Teacher Wellbeing Toolkit; Distance Learning) and workstreams (Knowledge Management and Resource Collections).
- Work with TICC Collaborative members to finalize and disseminate the TICC Mobile Mentoring Pack. Including:
- Finalize technical implementation guidance
- Design and packaging process
- Translation process
- Compare existing TICC Training Pack with adaptations of materials for remote use; complete a matrix/analysis of what each one covers, uses, and quality review in alignment with TiCC pack modules and objectives
- Develop and roll out a vetting process to review resources (INEE and external) related to supporting teachers in crisis contexts, including resources specific to the COVID-19 pandemic; create a structure for how to organize and share these resources on the INEE website
- Conduct a brief “gap analysis” of current resource lists to ensure that the INEE resource collection is complete and adequately addresses key themes
- Based on the above, work with TICC members to draft, complete and disseminate a Technical Guidance Note specific to supporting teachers during and after the COVID-19 pandemic.
- TICC Mobile Mentoring Pack finalized and disseminated via INEE
- Remote delivery versions of TiCC training pack reviewed and shared via INEE
- Vetted and curated list of resources focused on teacher support available via INEE
- Resource gap analysis presented to TICC members
- Technical Guidance Note drafted and feedback incorporated; technical note disseminated via INEE