Under the supervision of the Medical Officer, the Orthopedic Officer will provide holistic orthopedic services; assessment, diagnosis and treatment of in patients and out patients who suffer from muscular and/or skeletal injuries.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Interview patients to get information on their medical history
- Do ordinary and specialized diagnosis of orthopedic cases
- Carry out required procedures to re-fix broken/fractured bones
- Prescribe necessary drugs that will help patients in their recovery process
- Supervision and assignment of duties to nurses and other medical staff within the department
- Monitor the healing process of patients and advising accordingly where need arises
- Work in collaboration with the surgeon and other medical professionals to provide additional or specialized medical care
- Educate relatives of patients on ways by which they can support them through recovery
- Make arrangement for after-surgery rehabilitation plans that will help patients’ healing process
- Order for blood tests for patients in a bid to check for any sort of degenerative bone condition
- Perform diagnosis and examination of fractures or bone deformities in order to determine which mode of treatment will be proper
- Study patients’ medical history so as to be able to determine patterns in the injury or disorder
- Attend medical programs and courses to enhance professional abilities.
- Any other duty assigned by the supervisor