Health Information Assistant
Under the guidance and supervision of the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, the Health Information Assistant will be based in the field and shall be responsible for providing smooth flow and access to information through records management for action and decision making. S/he will record data, provide guidance on data recording, compilation, use, reporting and management. S/he will produce and submit periodic health activity reports.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure availability and use of Standard/revised HMIS/HIS data tools at all departments of the health facility.
- Providing guidance on use of the HMIS/HIS data tools to ensure completeness, consistency, and correctness in filling the registers.
- Register all patients, classify/tally and summarize the data according to the acceptable reporting formats.
- Promptly provide data on notifiable/integrated disease surveillance and response.
- Prepare and timely submit daily, weekly and monthly data from all facility departments for making reports.
- Provide feedback to the facility staff on health service provision for decision making.
- Enter data into the electronic database.
- Imparting knowledge and skills to staff by organizing CME sessions, mentorships and review meetings on data management.
- Participate in capacity building activities (Trainings, Orientations, Mentorship, meetings).
- Adhering to Professional Code of Conduct and Ethics.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.