Budget and Finance Assistant
Juba (South Sudan)
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.Description of task
Under the direct supervision of the Head Engineering Resources Management Unit the UN Volunteer will perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- Assist managers in the justification of resource requirements for budget submissions;
- Coordinate with other finance and budget staff on related issues during preparation of the budget reports;
- Monitor budget implementation and expenditures;
- Assist in preparation of budget performance submissions and finalisation of budget performance reports, analyse variances between approved budgets and actual expenditures;
- Prepare shopping carts for goods and services, and enter the obligations to be raised and approved in UMOJA;
- Review payments to staff and vendors for goods and services, including checking payment for accuracy and correcting any discrepancies;
- Coordinate filling and archiving that relates to budgets, ensuring compliance with United Nations policies and procedures;
- Draft or prepare correspondence to respond to enquiries in respect to financial and budget matters;
- Perform other duties as asigned.
Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Finance or related field.Required experience: 36 Months Experience remark:
At least 3 years of progressively responsible within the UN System or in the private sector at the national or international level in budgeting of financial management.Language skills:
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Arabic(Optional), Level - Working Knowledge
- Solid computer skills, including full proficiency in various MS Office application (excel, word, power point) and other IT applications and office technology equipment;SAP/UMOJA and BI.
- Affinity with or interest in humanitarian relief, post-conflict situations, volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System; Sound security awareness.
Accountability, Communication, Professionalism, Working in Teams, IntegrityApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections
of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink.
Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at
https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to
Application deadline: 09 March 2021