Risk and Compliance Officer, FTA-NOB (Khartoum)
JOB POSTING INFORMATING:
JOB POSTING INFORMATION
Opening date: 22 March 2021
Closing date: 04 April 2021
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity & gender balance and encourage qualified female candidates to apply.
Would you like to join WFP Sudan’s experienced and talented team to develop risk and compliance strategies and plans to ensure the effective and efficient deployment of food assistance programmes and use of allocated resources in order to change and save the lives of the most vulnerable people in Sudan? If yes, this opportunity is for you.
At WFP, we are looking for a Risk and Compliance Officer to join our Governance and Compliance team in Khartoum, Sudan to be hired on a Fixed-Term contract at the NOB level.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WFP Sudan has the potential to reach millions of food-insecure people across Sudan – with a total of 7.8 million people assisted in 2020. WFP Sudan, one of the largest and complex operations for WFP globally, is currently rolling out its five-year Country Strategic Plan (2019-2023), which aims to provide emergency assistance through a hybrid approach (Cash, food and vouchers), along with life-changing types of programmes (Nutrition, Resilience and School Feeding).
Provide effective support in the establishment of effective risk assessment and risk management activities; application of controls and compliance with policies and procedures; and contribution to the overall effectiveness of operations and optimization of WFP resources by championing the mainstreaming of WFP’s risk and compliance framework.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
The Risk and Compliance Officer NOB reports to the Head of Risk and Compliance and is responsible for the following:
- Contribute to embedding risk assessment in planning and decision making through developing and/or monitoring of key risk appetite metrics and risk indicators, and regular updating of risk registers, including progress towards implementing the risk mitigation actions.
- Provide support to managers in analyzing and strengthening existing processes on risk & compliance issues and on maintaining an effective internal control environment to support operational efficiency.
- Contribute to ideas on enhancement of adequate internal control systems with clear accountabilities, including performance and risk management systems, monitoring and oversight processes and techniques, tools, processes to support their implementation.
- Contribute to the development of compliance Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) by 1st Line colleagues for managing the risk and compliance process, including criteria for conducting risk and compliance missions, training materials and modules, etc.
- Support relevant managers in their regular and ad hoc risk assessments in regional, country and field offices risk assessments to identify and evaluate risks, assess effectiveness of the internal controls, and assess the potential for fraud and corruption in operational activities.
- Contribute to risk management effectiveness across the office and all aspects of WFP’s operations.
- Support managers in their fact-finding reviews and fraud risk assessments. Collect and analyses data on fraud incidents, fraud risk metrics, and fraud risk appetite, support training in AFAC standards.
8. Support in the preparation of risk information for management to share with external stakeholders such as UN system-wide engagement, donors, and partners.
9. Contribute to accountability across functional units, prepare comprehensive reports summarizing the status of compliance of internal controls, key oversight themes, and using risk information (e.g. risk indicators, incidents) to highlight areas out of risk appetite and contribute ideas on required actions in areas of risk & compliance vulnerability.
10. Assess information/training needs and prepare and deliver training programmes or information sessions for colleagues and partners in CO to enhance understanding of risk management and compliance with WFP policies, rules, regulations and procedures.
11. Others as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Advanced University degree in business/public administration, finance, accounting, international development, audit or other relevant fields, OR first university degree with additional years of relevant work experience and/or training/courses in audit, performance and risk management or other related fields.
Experience: For holders of an advanced university degree, three years of relevant progressively responsible experience in undertaking and/or contributing to risk management activities, including assessing and recommending effective internal controls and mitigation actions, in various organizations that use modern enterprise risk management frameworks, techniques and systems; OR five years of similar experience for holders of a first university degree.
Language: Fluency in English language and Arabic
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Has conducted monitoring and reporting activities, demonstrating knowledge of results hierarchy, performance metrics and measurement
- Participated in risk analysis and risk mitigation strategies development and/or implementation
- Has gained programme/project management experience
- Specific audit and/ or investigation experienced is an advantage.
- Ability to respond to changing priorities.
- Ability to work independently on own initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training, mentoring and other formal and non-formal methods
- Systematic mind-set, attention to detail and capability of structuring a large amount of information in an easily accessible way.
- Excellent English report writing skills
- Analytic and computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access)
HOW TO APPLY:
- To apply, please create a personal account and fill out the profile form with your personal information at http://www.wfp.org/careers/job-openings. If you are an internal applicant, apply through your E-Recruitment profile.
- In the application form, ensure filling the mandatory sections, attaching your updated CV, answering the pre-screening questions and agreeing on the legal statement before submitting your application.
- Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis on account of potential and performance. All applicants will undergo a rigorous process that includes screening against job requirements, a technical test, and a panel interview.
TALENTED WOMEN ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
We look for applicants with the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian values. We commit to promote diversity, gender parity and equality between men and women.
WFP strives to build a work environment that is safe and respectful, and free of sexual harassment and abuse of authority. We believe in open communication, and every individual at WFP is treated with respect regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, religious and political beliefs, etc.
In this pursuit, WFP assists women to balance work exigencies with personal and family responsibilities by providing an attractive compensation package, including fully paid maternity leave for 16 weeks, breastfeeding time off, and the possibility to avail of flexible working arrangements. Also, we endeavor to provide our staff, women, and men, with training and professional career development.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Closing date: 04 April 2021
- Female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
- WFP has zero-tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
- This position is open ONLY to Sudanese nationals. Applicants who are not Sudanese are not eligible to apply and will therefore not be considered for this position.
- WFP does not charge any fees at any stage of its recruitment process.
- CANDIDATES ARE ADVISED TO ATTACH BOTH A COVER LETTER AND AN UPDATED CV OR UNP11 FORM. PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOUR CV OR P11 IS UPDATED