Results Based Management Coordinator
Gaza (Palestinian Territory)
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
The United Nations Development Programme/ Programme of Assistance for the Palestinian People (UNDP/ PAPP) operates in an extremely volatile environment, which requires flexibility when designing/ applying strategic programmatic frameworks to measure achievements of results. Results Based Management (RBM) is a broad management strategy adopted by UNDP and aimed at achieving improved performance and demonstrable results, which includes good planning, monitoring, evaluation, learning and feeding back into planning. A strong and streamlined RBM system, that moves beyond ensuring compliance with corporate requirements, and uses RBM to inform strategic direction and priorities, as well as programme/ project design and implementation is key to strengthen the organizations overall impact on the development of the State of Palestine.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of key functions:
Required Skills and Experience
- BA or equivalent in development/ social sciences, or a related field; relevant MA is an asset.
- Professional certificates on M&E or RBM is an asset
- At least 5 years of experience specifically focused on RBM and M&E required.
- Solid experience in developing results frameworks and Theory of Change, and M&E plans for development projects.
- Demonstrated experience working on monitoring and evaluation of development projects/ programme, including lessons learned.
- Experience in reviewing and drafting project reports and coordinating or supporting evaluations.
- Experience working with international or non-profit organizations is desirable.
- Knowledge of the UN system and familiarity with UNDP procedures is a strong asset.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.