Law and Policy Senior Adviser
We are looking for an outstanding candidate who will leverage their professional experience and knowledge to provide practical advice and support to APT partners on legal and policy issues related to torture prevention, as well as identify new areas for development to implement the APT 2020-2023 Strategic Plan.
- Advise and advocate forstrengthened legal and procedural safeguards and reform of policepractices.
- Provide advice to, and strengthen capacities of legal and judicial actors in their role to prevent torture
- Conduct practical research on legal issues related to torture prevention, including writing briefings and commentaries
- Engage and mobilise APT’s network of partners on legal and policy issues related to deprivation of liberty, including regional and international advocacy
- Develop materials and deliver training(face-to-face and virtual) on torture prevention to a variety of audiences
- Contribute to APT external communication, and identify new areas for APT’s contributions to torture prevention
1. A degree in law or criminal justice is a requirement. A degree in human rights is an asset. A minimum of seven years of relevant work experience is essential, ideally in the administration of justice, the prohibition of torture or in the field of deprivation of liberty
2 Experience in the implementation of legal and procedural safeguards concerning deprivation of liberty is a strong asset
3 Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Spanish
4 Training and public speaking experience; experienceof representing organisations in high level meetings
Full time position, equivalent to 40h/week, with a possibility for an 80% position. Indeterminate contract.
More on : https://www.apt.ch/en/vacancy/senior-adviser-law-and-policy