Cash Transfer Officer
Cash Transfer Programming Officer (CTO) position is responsible to carry out all aspects of program delivery through cash-based programming which can be conditional or unconditional cash transfer or in-kind based on the context. Cash-based ES-NFI response is crafted to respond to disaster-affected communities within a short time after the emergency induced.
CTO is the primary field-level position for ES-NFI cash transfer programming. The Officer spends most of his/her time in the field, identifying priority needs and target communities affected by the natural and manmade crisis, conducting IDPs verification assessment, conducting market assessment in the areas of a needy community, conducting post-distribution monitoring, establishing relationships with community, local government, and leaders, coordinating field-level operations, such as the delivery of materials/inputs, registration of complaints, and payment to beneficiaries.
Major key Responsibilities:
The main objective of the Cash Officer position should efficiently implement cash-based ES-NFI response, including:
Project Planning and Implementation
- Assist the Cash Sr. Office and Emergency Manager in CTP post-crisis start-up planning
- Apply technical knowledge and skills to implement and/or assist in community delivery of cash-based programs;
- Promptly identify and recommend solutions to cash-based technical issues
- Prepare Purchase Requests for program supplies/activities and liaison with field SC and finance team to undertake field procurement as designated and authorized.
- Participate on the on job training of how the e-voucher system works, how to handle data, accurately use the e- devices (e-voucher reader, Smartphone with application, and e-voucher) including the hand over the process with the vendors
- Participate in the process of identifying beneficiary communities/targeting based on robust and participatory criteria, assist other CTP staffs, if any
- Ensure appropriate community messages are transferred to clients, local government partners, vendors, non-clients, and other key actors
- Ensure training/re-orientation of the vendor staff e-voucher system (how it works, synchronization, handling including safekeeping of e-devices) until hand over of the e-devices to IRC
- Ensure the conduct of beneficiary feedback and response mechanism (BFRM) activities are undertaken and also serve as field focal point for handling the BFRM database
- Work with and provide timely technical support to the IRC’s implementing partners; maintain encouraging and constructive relations with partner staff
- Closely work with all IRC field team in general and with ERR team in particular on how to integrate and align cash programming with other ERR activities and priorities
- Fully align with IRC safety and security procedures and provide support to security monitoring and assessments to ensure a safe and secure environment for program implementation
- Supervise the cash transfer assistant.
Project Monitoring and Reporting
- Assist in the collection of data, the conduct of assessments (needs, market, risks and security), and provide input for concept note/ proposal development for cash transfer project in collaboration with the local community structures and community members
- Supervise progress against grant work plan; promptly identifying any current or potential delays
- Produce/give to IRC and donor reports as per set schedules (monthly, quarterly, and annually) on grant activities, indicators, and achievements.
- Assist his/her supervisors to ensure all monitoring activities are fully detailed, including systematic and timely data required under the grant and for IRC M&E purposes.
Capacity Building and Coaching:
- Aware the communities and partners to consider cash response as one modality at the appropriate situation.
- Capacitate the community facilitators, staff under his/her supervisee, and others (if any) on cash Transfer Programming.
- Support and mentor the FSP to meet the humanitarian principles during the Cash Response program/facilitating the payment to the beneficiaries.
Coordination and Representation
- Participate in seasonal and ES-NFI cluster assessments and share findings
- Work integrating with IRC supply chain, finance, and admin/HR staff to process Purchase Requests, and Payment Vouchers,
- Represent the IRC on MPCT coordination meetings at different levels like region, zone, and woreda.
- Identify and work very closely with Financial Service Providers (FSP).
- Build very good team spirit with IRC program and supporting staffs.