Online Training IT Consultant
Background of the project
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world's worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
USAID’s “Quality Instruction towards Access and Basic Education Improvement” (QITABI 2) is a five-year program seeking to improve learning outcomes for all students in public primary schools in Lebanon awarded to Word Learning.The International Rescue Committee (IRC) will lead the social and emotional learning (SEL) component of the program and is responsible of delivering a set of online teachers’ trainings between April and December 2021.
Scope of work
The consultant will build the capacities of QITABI II team project on the creation of an interactive online training using online tools and open resources and will support in the creation of online Surveys and assessments.
The consultant will work closely with IRC’s Social Emotional Learning Senior Manager and SEL materials development Manager based in Lebanon, and other relevant project staff to train and support in preparing all needed resources for the online trainings, and to troubleshoot any unforeseen problems during the implementations.
- Build the capacities of IRC SEL team to create synchronous and a-synchronous online interactive training using various online Apps and opensource solutions
- Technically Support the IRC SEL team to finalize training material
- Technically support team during training delivery and trouble shoot for solutions if facing technical challenge.
- Co- Create with IRC SEL team Gamification learning opportunities
During the Term of the Agreement, Contractor shall complete the following deliverables in accordance with a schedule:
- Gamify children survey for prototyping activity
- Create Online pre post test
- Train the SEL staff on the online interactive
- Support SEL team to finalize training material
- Support team during trainings and troubleshoot in case any challenge was faced
- 5 + years of experience in Information technology
- Ability to troubleshoot technical problems
- Good knowledge in the e-learning process and techniques
- Understanding of adult learning theory and practice
- Good knowledge on Gamification
- Good online training skills.