Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.Description of task
Under the direct supervision of the Procurement Officer the UN Volunteer will undertake the
- Review, record and prioritize purchasing requests and obtain additional information/ documentation as required; provide assistance to requisitioners in preparing scope of work and specifications of goods and services;
- Propose product substitutions consistent with requirements to achieve cost savings, determine the availability of funding sources;
- Identify and recommend sources of procurement; and interview potential suppliers. Produce tender documents (e.g. Invitations to Bids, Requests for Proposals and Request for Quotation) based on the nature of the requirements and cost of procurement involved;
- Prepare abstracts of offers and compile data contained in quotations, proposals and bids to determine which supplier can deliver the required goods/services at the best terms and costs possible with due consideration to quality, delivery time, prompt payment and other discounts, transportation costs, etc.;
- Enter into negotiation of terms and conditions of orders under the guidance of Procurement Officers;
- Obtain credit and other information on proposed suppliers;
- Finalize purchase orders and contracts for approval of the Procurement Officer;
- If required, in cases where the procured value is above the threshold as set in the Procurement Manual, prepare case submissions to the Contracts Committee for review and subsequent approval by the authorized official;
- Resolve issues/problems related to delivered goods, including discrepancies between purchase orders and items/quantities shipped or received;
- Prepare and sign Return to Vendor forms for unacceptable and/or damaged goods received;
- Maintain relevant internal databases and files;
- Keep track of any contractual agreements, direct provisioning contracts, etc. and inform affected users of contractual rights and obligations;
- Research, retrieve and present information from a variety of internal and external sources on sources of supply vendors by commodity, etc.;
- Obtain specifications for new products and equipment on the market;
- Draft a variety of correspondence;
- Perform other related duties as assigned;
Business Administration, Public Administration, Commerce, Engineering, Law, or other relevant discipline.Required experience: 36 Months Experience remark:
3 years of professional experience in procurement or contracting work in private industry, government, or international organization.Language skills:
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- French(Mandatory), Level - Working Knowledge
Microsoft Office, familiarization with SAP or other Enterprise Resource Management softwareDriving license: No Competencies values:
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Communication, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 12-05-2021